How could the Germans allow Hitler's rise to power? Who, if anyone, stood in his way? What was known of the extent of the Holocaust, and what was done against the persecution of the Jews and others? What was life in Berlin like during the Third Reich and during the bombing of World War II? What happened in Berlin once the Soviets defeated the Nazis? Find out on this fascinating Berlin Bike Tour.
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Step back in time on a history tour
To answer these and other difficult questions, this subject-specific tour visits the Jewish ghetto, Nazi bunkers, an air raid shelters, anti-aircraft installations, still-destroyed buildings, resistance movement monuments, World War II battlefields, and much more.
Highlights of this tour include:
- Seeing Jewish businesses destroyed during the infamous Nazi Night of Broken Glass, as well as the monumental New Synagogue that survived that night, at least.
- Exploring the destroyed remnants of the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church and Berlin's old main train station, both heavily bombed during air raids, that still stand as a grim reminder to the damages of war.
- Visiting one of the few remaining functional air raid shelters, which was topped with anti-aircraft guns, and was filled way beyond occupancy during the Allied Battle of Berlin.
- Understanding Hitler's immense plan for Berlin, once it would become the Reich capital of Germania, by seeing what remains of Hitler's old government installations.
- Honoring the resistance movements against the Third Reich, particularly the assassination attempts on Hitler, at the Memorial of the July 20th, 1944
Berlin Third Reich and Nazi Germany Bike Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Outside Alexanderplatz S- and U- Bahn station. The meeting point is easy to locate and your guide will be waiting for you.
Return Details:Returns to original departure point at approximately 3:00pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Berlin Third Reich Bike Tour
- Bike tour of Berlin
- New beach cruiser bicycle and helmet
- Professional guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant and child seats are available
Because there is so much to see in Berlin and this city is so bike friendly, simply the best way to see this city is by bike. The tour takes advantage of the many bike paths the city offers - more than 95% of the tour is on bike paths and through parks. When you do ride on the streets, ride along the less-traveled roads. All insurance is included.
Ultra-hard seats? Razor-thin tires? Not on this tour! With new curvy beach cruisers these bikes are the pinnacles of city-biking comfort. With cushy seats, fat tires and handlebars that come up to meet you, it just doesn't get more relaxed. Of course these bikes perform as well. There are vice-like brakes to make sure you stop quickly. And with multiple gears, you can choose your level of pedal-pushing effort (all bikes also come with fun bells and unique names making these quite possibly the coolest bikes on the planet).
Ride rain or shine. The weather in Berlin can vary quickly, so you may want to bring a light jumper or rain jacket. The bikes come equipped with bike racks if you don't need to wear it. Also, a limited number of gloves and rain jackets are available, but again, it's better to be on the safe side and plan ahead.
Regardless if this is your first trip to Berlin of if you already feel like "ein Berliner", this is a great way to see the city and understand what makes Berlin so special. Here are just some of the many reasons why:
- Berlin is a very flat, bike-friendly city and our tours take advantage of this by riding almost exclusively on bike paths and less-traveled roads.
- You'll stop every few hundred meters to discuss the sights, so tours aren't the least bit strenuous.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
My shopping cart
Items in my shopping cart: 0
Find things to do
Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial Walking Tour
Discover Berlin Half-Day Walking Tour
Berlin Bike Tour
Berlin's Infamous Third Reich Sites Half-Day Walking Tour
Berlin Segway Tour
Why book ahead?
- Save time & moneyYou won't find it cheaper online or anywhere else!
- Don't be disappointedWhen you book ahead, you are guaranteed not to miss out on popular tours & activities.
- Travel with confidenceOur providers are hand-picked, safe and reliable, so you always get what you pay for