Walk in the footsteps of Vincent Van Gogh in Arles and Saint-Rémy-de-Provence on this private day trip from Avignon. See where the famous artist once lived and worked, and visit several real-life locations that he painted, including 'Le Café La Nuit', 'Le Jardin de l’Hotel Dieu' and 'La Maison Jaune'. Your expert art historian guide will reveal the tortured genius' successes and failures, culminating in a visit to the asylum at Saint-Paul-de-Mausole where Van Gogh was hospitalized. As an extra bonus, you'll visit some of the region’s most fascinating Roman sites, including the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Arles Amphitheatre.
Visit the Roman ruins at Glanum in Saint-Remy
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tour departs from selected Avignon hotels
- 9am or 2pm
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 9am
Departs at 2pm
Private Provence Tour: In the Footsteps of Van Gogh
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan (8 people max)
- Professional guide
- Entrance fee to Van Gogh's room at Maison de Santé Saint-Paul
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation of this product will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
My shopping cart
Items in my shopping cart: 0
Find things to do
Why book ahead?
- Save time & moneyYou won't find it cheaper online or anywhere else!
- Don't be disappointedWhen you book ahead, you are guaranteed not to miss out on popular tours & activities.
- Travel with confidenceOur providers are hand-picked, safe and reliable, so you always get what you pay for