2-Day Great Barrier Reef Reefsleep Experience
- Multi-Day Trip
- Treat a loved one on a special occasion
- All necessary equipment included
- Breakfast included
- Buffet lunch included
- Dinner included
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
Your 2-day trip to the Great Barrier Reef begins with pickup from your Whitsundays hotel in the early morning. Take a high-speed catamaran ride to Reefworld, arriving around 11am. The innovative pontoon features a waterslide, an interactive underwater viewing chamber, a semisubmersible and a spacious sun deck.
Snorkel around the colorful corals and marine life at the region’s acclaimed Great Barrier Reef site. The underwater wonderland will blow you away with its otherworldly neon hues and swirling schools of fish. For an in-depth experience, new and experienced scuba divers can go out with fully certified instructors (own expense). Refuel with a buffet lunch prepared by an award-winning restaurant from Airlie Beach, as well as an afternoon tea. Other refreshments are available at your own expense.
Throughout the day, you can lounge in the sun, zip down a waterslide and check out an underwater observatory. To learn more about the fragile ecosystem, don’t miss presentations by reef experts. If you want to splurge, purchase a helicopter ride or massage.
Around 3pm, bid farewell to day-trippers. Only 12 passengers are allowed to stay on the boat, ensuring a tranquil overnight stay in a remote part of the reef. It’s the only place in Australia where you can sleep on the Great Barrier Reef!
After a day exploring the reef, head to the Reefsleep upper deck to unwind with a glass of wine (own expense) at sunset. Then, chat with fellow guests about your day over a gourmet barbecue, or opt for a more private setting in an underwater observatory! Underwater floodlights spotlight the marine life’s nighttime activities.
Not all the action is below the surface. You can examine constellations in a telescope, or sprawl out on a lounge chair to see bright stars speckled across sky. When you’re ready to retire, snuggle up in your swag—a tent equipped with a mattress and bedding—or your air-conditioned double room with a bathroom. You can select a king single or double-size beds, depending on how many are in your party.
Overnight: Reefsleep in your choice of a room or swag
Day 2: Great Barrier Reef – Whitsundays and Hamilton islands (B, L)
Wake up slowly, and then enjoy unobstructed views of the glassy water over a hearty breakfast. Once you are all packed up, head back down to the Reefworld pontoon before the day-cruise guests show up at 11am. The same activities will be available as the day before, giving you another chance to do your favorite things or try something new. Around 3pm, you’ll be transported back to your resort in the Whitsundays or Hamilton islands.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
7:35am: From Daydream Island
8am: From Abel Point Marina
9am: From Hamilton Island
6:05pm Long Island
5:45pm Day Dream Island
6pm Abel Point
5pm Hamilton Island
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Under the Stars Swag
Spend the night on the Great Barrier Reef sleeping under the stars in a swag
Sleeps up to 2 people. 2 people booking together will be allocated a double room. 1 person booking will have sole use of the double room. Please make separate bookings if additional rooms are required
Great Barrier Reef Reefsleep
- Overnight accommodation in the selected category of accommodation
- Round-trip cruise
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Semi-submersible coral viewing with reef appreciation talk
- Underwater viewing chamber
- All snorkeling equipment
- Optional activities including scuba diving, helicopter flights, massage (available to purchase on board)
- Drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- It is recommended that you bring only one small bag per person with the things you will need for your overnight stay including, swimwear, towel, sunscreen, light jacket or sweater, money and/or credit card for on board purchases and camera
- Operates in all weather conditions. Swags can be zipped, are water-proof and can tolerate wet weather
- A history of certain medical conditions may preclude a guest from SCUBA diving unless a current Diving Medical Certificate can be shown to the instructor.
- All intending divers over the age of 55 years of age must produce a current Diving Medical Certificate. All divers are subject to a medical questionnaire on board the vessel before diving and their fitness to dive will be assessed by a diving instructor
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
Reviewed by: Denise D, Australia, December 2012
A once in a lifetime experience. What seemed a bit indulgent price wise was worth every cent. The diving and experiences with the day trippers is first rate but when the big cat leaves the serenity is awesome.
Reviewed by: Richard C, United Kingdom, July 2010