Juneau Shore Excursion: Mendenhall Glacier, Whale Watching and Salmon Bake
While in port in Juneau, fill your day with the best Juneau has to offer! On this shore excursion, take a narrated tour of the ice wall at Mendenhall Glacier and take in magnificent mountain views. Then, head to Auke Bay and board a sightseeing boat to see massive humpback whales with your naturalist guide! After you’ve been in the presence of these magical creatures, enjoy a traditional Alaskan salmon bake where you can enjoy an all-you-can-eat buffet!
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Buffet dinner included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Family friendly
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
As Alaska’s capital city, Juneau has so much to offer. On this half-day shore excursion, your guide will lead you through three activities that will give you the best feel for Juneau: a Mendenhall Glacier viewing, humpback whale-watching experience and a traditional salmon bake buffet!
After pickup from your cruise ship port, take a narrated journey to the ice wall at Mendenhall Glacier with your expert guide. The approximately 12 mile (19 km) long glacier is sure to leave you with a lasting impression and dozens of stunning photographs to commemorate your visit.
Next, head to Auke Bay and embark on an exciting whale-watching tour! Board a 48-passenger sightseeing boat and explore Auke Bay, known for the dozens of whales that migrate there each year. The boat's extra-large windows, complimentary binoculars and exterior observation deck will make for an excellent whale-watching experience.
Finally, finish your Juneau experience with an all-you-can-eat salmon bake, where you’ll enjoy a delicious meal including grilled salmon, cheechako chicken, Chilkoot baked beans, Tongass wild-rice pilaf, White Pass pasta, salads, beverages and a selection of side dishes. Top it off with delicious blueberry cake for desert! Beer and wine are available for purchase. Then, sit back, relax and enjoy a scenic ride back to your cruise ship.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Juneau port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Port of Juneau
Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Buffet dinner
- Naturalist guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- After booking, please contact the local tour operator to confirm your departure time.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Children ages 13-17 must have a signed parental consent form if traveling without a parent or guardian.
- Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time.
Reviewed by: Brian B, August 2015
This was a Tri-Fecta for our family. The glacier is amazing, the Whale watching was Great, we got very close to the whales, saw several. I ate 5 pieces of salmon at the all you can eat salmon bake, it was Super Amazing. This was a great all in one package, I highly recommend for children, parents and grandparents... We had a memorable experience..
Reviewed by: jenniferthorne, July 2015
Amazing tour! Mendenhall was gorgeous, we saw humpback wales, orcas, bald eagles and sea lions on our whale watching tour, and the salmon bake was absolutely delicious! All of our tour guides were very friendly and knowledgable as well!