3-Day Kakadu National Park and Arnhem Land Explorer Tour from Darwin
Enjoy a three-day trip exploring the highlights of the Top End including the World Heritage-listed Kakadu National Park. Watch out for crocodiles and an abundance of birdlife on the famous Yellow Waters cruise, venture into Arnhem Land on a 4WD adventure and learn about bush skills and hunting techniques, food gathering and preparation of bush tucker from the traditional owners.
- Multi-Day Trip
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
This three day independent tour lets you experience some of the highlights of Kakadu National Park. Travel by luxury coach from Darwin to Kakadu including 2 nights accommodation before returning to Darwin.
Day 1: Darwin - Kakadu National Park - Nourlangie Rock - Yellow Water Wildlife Cruise
Depart Darwin and enter Kakadu National Park and stop at the Bark Hut for some morning tea (at own expense). Next, travel to Nourlangie Rock Aboriginal art site. Here your guide will talk about the escrapments and the different rock art that is found here. You will then enjoy a cold buffet lunch.
After Lunch, join a local guide for a 1.5 hour cruise on the Yellow Water Billabong. You'll see Saltwater Crocodiles and a colourful range of birdlife for which the region is renowned for.
Next visit the Warradjan Aboriginal Cultural Centre to better understand the parks culture and history.
Day 2: 4-Wheel Drive into Arnhem Land - Oenpelli Aboriginal Settlement - Mikinj Valley
Travel by 4WD vehicle into Arnhem Land and the Mikinj Valley. Your guide will make stops along the way, showing you different rock arts in Arnhem Land, explain about the history of the people in Arnhem Land, how they lived and fed off the land. Hear of traditional land ownership from our Aboriginal guide and learn about bush skills. Visit special ancient Aboriginal art sites. isit the Oenpelli Aboriginal settlement and the Injalak Arts and crafts centre and enjoy lunch in Mikinj Valley.
Day 3: Ubirr Art Site - East Alligator River Cruise - Bowali Visitor Centre - Darwin
Travel to Ubirr to explore Aboriginal artwork. Your guide will take you through and explain the different arts that can be seen here. They will also take you up onto the rock formations to see the view across Kakadu National Park.
Next, join an Aboriginal guide on the Guluyambi Cruise along the East Alligator River. Here you will cruise between Kakadu and Arnhem Land. Your guide will talk about the history of the area while spotting crocodiles and birdlife. Your guide will also show you the technique of spear throwing.
After a cold buffet lunch, drive through the town of Janiru before arriving at Bowali Visitor Centre. Depart Kakadu National Park and head back to the city of Darwin.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Darwin Transit Centre
Day 2: 8am
Day 3: 8am
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Tour returns to original departure point at approximately 7:30pm on Day 3
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
3 Day Kakadu National Park & Arnhem Land Tour including 2 nights accommodation with shared facilities at Auraro Kakadu Resort
3 Day Kakadu National Park & Arnhem Land Tour including 2 nights accommodation with private facilities at Auraro Kakadu Resort
3 Day Kakadu National Park & Arnhem Land Tour including 2 nights accommodation with private facilities at Gajudju Hotel
Kakadu National Park
- Sightseeing cruise
- Light refreshments (Day 2)
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Transport by private 4WD vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- National Park fees
- 2 nights accommodation (room category to selected at time of booking)
- 4WD tour to Arnhem Land
- Yellow River Wildlife Cruise
- East Alligator River Cruise
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for child aged 10 and under
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please note that itinerary is subject to change due to weather and road conditions
- Maximum of 3 passengers per room. If you are traveling with a party of 4 travelers or more, you must make 2 separate bookings
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and clothing.
- Please bring water bottle, camera, hat, sun protection and Insect repellent
Kakadu National Park: You have a choice of accommodation on this tour at Kakadu National Park. Select between budget, standard or superior accommodation categories.
- BUDGET Auraro Kakaku Resort (shared facilities standard hotel room)
- STANDARD Aurora Kakadu Resort (superior hotel room)
- SUPERIOR Gajudju Crocodile Hotel (superior hotel room)
If you cancel between 3 and 15 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Kierra, Australia, July 2014
Reviewed by: Sheree D, June 2014
Great trip, great destinations and looked after well