Select a datex
Set off on a full day trip from Hobart and discover Port Arthur Convict Site, Tasman National Park and the Isle of the Dead! Suitable for the whole family, you'll enjoy a guided walking tour of Port Arthur and a scenic cruise to the Isle of the Dead where you'll be amazed at the magnitude of the Devils Kitchen.
- Instant Confirmation
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Rich in visual history, the Port Arthur Historic Site evokes a powerful sense of Australia's past convict era and of early Australian settlement heritage. Sitting tranquilly amidst English oaks and gardens, Port Arthur is a harsh contrast to the beauty of the Tasman Peninsula.
- Aquatic Centre and Royal Botanic Gardens (drive past only)
- Government House (drive past only)
- Cross the Tasman Bridge
- Head out on the Tasman Highway over the Pitwater Causeway onto Forestier Peninsular
- Pristine Pirates Bay
- Eaglehawk Neck
- Skirt Norfolk Bay on the Tasman Peninsula
- Find out what's unique about Doo Town
- Take a guided walking tour of the historic convict site - Port Arthur, with access to over 30 restored buildings and ruins
- See the Penitentiary - a one time granary and flour mill, the separate prison, the Commandant's House, the church and much more...
- Take a cruise on Carnarvon Bay to the Isle of the Dead for a 45 minute guided tour
- Visit Highlights of the Tasman National Park
- Wonder at the spectacle of the Tasman Arch
- Superb views of the rugged coastline
- Be amazed at the magnitude of the Devils Kitchen
Click on "View Additional Info" for the hotel pickup list
Grand Port Arthur Tour from Hobart
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Bus Terminal, Brooke Street Pier, Hobart
All centrally located Hobart hotels
- 8:15am, October to April
- 9:15am May to September
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Return Details:Returns to original departure point at approximately 5:00pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Church - Port Arthur
- Guided Historical Walking Tour of Port Arthur
- Harbor Cruise at Port Arthur
- Guided tour of the Isle of the Dead
- Hotel pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The guided Historical Walking tour of Port Arthur involves a lot of walking. comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- If you do not wish to participate in the full walking tour, please note small golf buggies are available free of charge. Passengers can locate a buggy at the front entrance of Port Arthur Visitor Centre (it has a full commentary).
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.