Vancouver to Whistler by Train Rail Tour
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Board the famous Rocky Mountaineer train in Vancouver for an epic ride through British Columbia's jaw-dropping mountain terrain. Aboard the train, enjoy interpretive commentary of features along the route, and make your way to the Heritage Observation Car for fresh air and unrestricted views of the spectacular scenery. The Coast Classic cabin offers a traditional rail experience with extended legroom and scenic views through large picture windows, with continental breakfast or light meal served at your seat and complimentary non-alcoholic beverages.
Arrive in Whistler Village, one of North America's most popular ski
resorts and host of the 2010 Winter Olympics. Here you'll disembark the Rocky Mountaineer and enjoy free time to explore the town independently.
On your return drive to Vancouver by minicoach, stop at Shannon Falls, the third-highest waterfall in British Columbia. Take a guided walk through an old-growth rainforest to see 1,000-year-old cedar trees with trunks measuring 35 to 40 feet (9 to 12 meters) wide. Then hit the beautiful Sea-to-Sky Highway back to Vancouver.
Please note: While the Rocky Mountaineer continues to provide other rail trips through Canada, this is the last season for its one-day Vancouver to Whistler route, which ends indefinitely at the end of September 2015.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Returns to original departure point at approximately 7pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Vancouver to Whistler
- One-way train trip on the Rocky Mountaineer
- Expert guide and narration
- Tour of Whistler Village
- Photo stops on the return journey by minicoach
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels only)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- You have the option to stay overnight in Whistler after the tour and return to Vancouver on a different date; please advise at time of booking if you wish to do this
- This tour is seasonal, operating from May through September only
- The rail portion of this tour is non-refundable
Reviewed by: Robert F, July 2015
This was trip was well organised with prompt pick up at my hotel to transfer to the train. Scenery from the train was stunning and ably narrated by the hostess who was adept at multitasking also undertaking the waiting. The trip to the top of the mountains gave splendid views over Whistler. Return trip by coach was again first class with our knowledgeable guide. Highly recommended.
Reviewed by: Tracy C, June 2015
The trip was awesome. The scenery was spectacular and our guide Greg was courteous, informative and entertaining. He went out of his way to make sure each and every participant was enjoying themselves. We loved having extended time in Whistler and taking the bus back let us make stops for photos along the way.