Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Private Viewing and Small-Group Tour of the Vatican's Secret Rooms
- All entrance fees included
- Editor's Pick
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Treat a loved one on a special occasion
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
This tour sells out regularly so book now to save your space.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Viator VIP Access: Sistine Chapel Private Viewing and Small-Group Tour of the Vatican's Secret Rooms
- Entrance fee
- Skip-the-line entry
- After-hours access to the Sistine Chapel
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- No large bags/tripods/umbrellas/backpacks are permitted in the Vatican and must be checked in. Only very small purses are allowed. Please do not bring these items as you will need to leave the tour early to retrieve them at the entrance
- Due to the nature of this special-access tour, the itinerary changes each time. Access to the secret rooms varies and is based on availability
- Backpacks, tripods and big umbrellas must be left inside a cloakroom on entering the Vatican Museums. To reduce any disruption for your group, we recommend that these items are not taken on this tour
- Apollo Belvedere
- Chiaramonti Museum
- Sistine Chapel, home to artwork by Michelangelo including The Creation of Adam and The Last Judgement
- Gallery of Maps
- Gallery of the Candelabra
- Gallery of the Tapestries
- Pinecone Courtyard
- Raphael's Rooms
- Bramante Staircase (Scala del Bramante)
- Niccoline Chapel (Cappella Niccolina)
- Room of Gold (Sala degli Ori)
Reviewed by: sandra g, September 2015
David, our guide was excellent! the tour was the high point of our visit to Rome.
Reviewed by: Kate, August 2015
If you can afford one expensive tour, this is the one to choose. Everything the tour description promised happened, and that is a rare treat! Our group was 10 people. We had an amazing woman I am so bad with names I apologize who shared her passion for the art and sculptures, never rushing us and telling wonderful stories. We were escorted during our tour by a burly security guard who did have the keys for the Secret Rooms and the rooms were amazing! We had The Bramante Staircase to ourselves and the views from on top of The Vatican were amazing.
But to be able to walch the general public exiting The Sistine Chapel watch the security sweep the area and to have the doors opened to just us for over 30 minutes is a once in a lifetime experience!!! She explained so many of the frescoes, and being able to just walk around freely and marvel at will at the magnificence of this sacred space was worth the chunk of not change...Take this tour. I am very picky and almost did not go for this tour due to the cost. But in this case...You get much more than you pay for.