Please note: This activity is unavailable as the shark tank at the Melbourne Aquarium is undergoing refurbishment in 2013. We will update this product as soon as we have more information.
Come face-to-face with giant sharks and stingrays, and walk amongst hundreds of fish at Melbourne Aquarium! Experience the thrill of an underwater dive in Melbourne Aquarium’s 2.2 million liter Oceanarium, while breathing naturally with a custom-made Shark Walker helmet. This adrenalin-pumping adventure does not require any diving experience and is perfect for non-divers.
- See the underwater world without getting wet
The Shark Walker experience at Melbourne Aquarium allows you to immerse yourself in the thrill and excitement of walking amongst some of the most feared and misunderstood creatures of the deep - sharks!
Suitable for those who have never dived before, the Shark Walker experience begins with an introductory theory lesson. All equipment is provided including wetsuits, gloves, boots, weight belt and the Shark Walker helmet.
It is then time to enter the depths of the Oceanarium. You will spend 20 minutes surrounded by grey nurse sharks, sandbar whaler sharks, giant stingrays, turtles and hundreds of exotic fish. Only two 'Shark Walkers' will be in the Oceanarium at the same time along with a qualified instructor.
You'll then free to explore the award-winning Melbourne Aquarium at your leisure. Marvel at the majestic king and playful gentoo penguins in the Antarctica exhibit and see some of the strangest marine animals in the world in the Weird and Wonderful exhibit.
Spot rainbow fish, turtles, snakes, catfish, deeply poisonous arrow-frogs and Australia’s largest freshwater fish, the Murray cod in the River’s and Reef exhibit and take another look at the giant sharks and stingrays from dry land in the Sharks Alive exhibit.
Shark Walker Melbourne Aquarium
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Melbourne Aquarium
- 11am and 1pm
Briefing session commences 15 minutes prior to departure time
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Melbourne Aquarium Shark Walk commencing at 11:00am
Melbourne Aquarium Shark Walk commencing at 1pm
Shark Walker Melbourne Aquarium
- All equipment including wetsuit, gloves, boots, weight belt and Shark Walker helmet
- Qualified divers to guide you through the experience
- Introduction Shark Walker theory session
- Entry into Melbourne Aquarium
- Entry into Melbourne Aquarium for guests viewing the experience (separate entry will need to be paid)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 14 years
- Minimum height is 150 centimeters (4.9 feet)
- Medical restrictions apply as some conditions can exclude you from participating such as asthma, chronic sinus, heart or ear problems and antidepressant medication. You will be required to complete a medical declaration on confirmation of your booking
- IMPORTANT: You are not able to participate on the Shark Walking Experience if you are planning to fly within 12 hours after completing the experience
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.