Venture deep into the Australian Outback on a camping tour through Kakadu, Katherine and Litchfield National Parks from Darwin. Travel by purpose built all terrain vehicles to remote outback areas. Swim in freshwater rock pools, canoe down Katherine Gorge, discover ancient rock art and learn the stories from the Dreamtime. Camp under the stars at permanent campsites, enjoy traditional Australian bush tucker and feel the heart of the Australian Outback.
- Multi-Day Trip
- All-inclusive tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small group ensures personal service
Day 1: Darwin to Kakadu National Park (L,D)
After an early start from Darwin travel to Kakadu, with its stunning natural beauty, vast landscapes and impressive wet lands. The region is extremely important to the indigenous people, many who still live in the park. Keep your eyes peeled and your cameras ready on a cruise down the river looking out for crocodiles patrolling the waters. Next, head to Ubirr Rock and what can only be described as a museum in the desert. See impressive rock art, still vibrant in color and over thousands of years old.
Overnight: Kakadu Permanent Campsite
Day 2: Kakadu to Katherine (B, L, D)
After breakfast head out to explore more of the Kakadu wetlands before an energizing swim in croc-free waters. Then travel south to the historic gold mining center of Pine Creek, stopping for another refreshing swim along the way at the cascading Edith Falls.
Overnight: Springvale Homestead Permanent Campsite
Day 3: Katherine (B, L, D)
Travel to the majestic Katherine Gorge, with soaring sandstone cliffs and clear blue waterways. Take a two hour cruise along the gorge or for the more adventurous, hit the water and paddle by canoe. After lunch, travel across the plains to Mt Bundy Station, established in 1911 this working cattle stations was one of the largest in the ‘Top End’. Relax and watch the sun go down before a 'Territorian' BBQ dinner where you can try crocodile or kangaroo.
Overnight: Mt Bundy Station Permanent Campsite
Day 4: Litchfield National Park to Darwin (B, L)
Today travel from Katherine to Darwin via Litchfield, the perfect place to soak up the tranquility of the tropics. Visit Florence Falls, Wangi Falls and Buley Rockholes, before walking through the steamy rainforest and cooling off with a dip in a picture perfect swimming hole. Later depart for Darwin, arriving early in the evening.
Kakadu National Park
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tour departs from selected Darwin hotels
Return Details:Tour concludes in Darwin at approximately 6:30pm on day 4
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
4-Day Kakadu National Park, Katherine and Litchfield National Park Camping Tour from Darwin
- Touring by purpose built all-terrain vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Accommodation in permanent tents (one-man tent for single travelers and shared tents for twin share)
- All camping equipment including linen
- Meals as per itinerary (B = breakfast, L = lunch, D = dinner)
- Complimentary wine included with dinner
- Services of a knowledgeable guide
- Yellow Waters Cruise
- Canoeing through Katherine Gorge
- Unique territory BBQ dinner at Mt Bundy Station
- Star gazing at Mt Bundy station
- Kakadu National Park entry fees
- Australia's Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 21 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Children under the age of 5 are not permitted to travel on tour. All children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Health, Fitness and Medical: Some tours operate in remote areas and include some hiking through rugged terrain. Passengers should be of reasonable health and fitness and carry all required medication. Please list any prior medical conditions in the "Special Requirements" box at time of booking. You must have travel insurance to participate in tour.
- Please keep luggage to a maximum of 13-lbs ( 15-kg ) Over-limit luggage cannot be carried. Baggage is at owners risk.
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 adults to operate and the maximum group size is 15 passengers
- Campsites have hot/cold running water, toilets and showers close by. Full bed linen and a towel are provided
- Touring itinerary is subject to change in wet season - December to March. Accommodation will be in hotels
Terms and Conditions:
If you cancel at least 29 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 14 and 28 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 55 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 7 and 13 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 70 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 85 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.