For the adventurous at heart, a trip from Phoenix to the Grand Canyon in a Cessna airplane will provide the thrill of a lifetime. The narrated aerial tour will take you to the West Rim of the Grand Canyon, home of the Hualapai Reservation. You’ll enjoy a tour to Eagle Point, Native American cultural performances, lunch on the canyon rim, hiking, amazing views of the Colorado River and the Grand Canyon, a boat ride on the river, and admission to the Grand Canyon Skywalk – an exhilarating platform over the edge of the canyon. This all-inclusive adventure will leave you with unforgettable experiences and memories of America’s most iconic piece of natural beauty.
- Fully narrated tour
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Scenic helicopter flight
- Lunch included
Your comprehensive Grand Canyon day trip begins as you fly in a Cessna airplane to the West Rim of the canyon. As you listen to the narration, you’ll enjoy unobstructed views of the canyon and other fabulous Arizona landscapes. Have lunch at Guano Point (included) on the rim of the Grand Canyon, and do a little hiking if you wish. The views of the canyon and the Colorado River a mile below are spectacular.
During the tour, you’ll visit Eagle Point and a village of authentic Native American homes; enjoy a Native American cultural performance; and walk out on the Skywalk – the canyon’s most exciting attraction. This platform extends out over the edge of the canyon, providing heart-racing views of the canyon floor beneath you.
Also included is a seven-minute helicopter ride down to the floor of the canyon, where you’ll walk briefly to the edge of the Colorado River and hop on a pontoon boat for a leisurely 15-minute ride on the water. The canyon cliffs will tower above you as you soak in the incredible beauty. Your flight back to the rim of the canyon will reconnect you with your airplane pilot for your return flight to Phoenix.
Please note: The order of your tour is subject to change.
Aircraft used are Cessna Caravans and T207s. These high-winged airplanes (meaning the wings are above the windows, not blocking any views) are perfect for flightseeing and picture-taking. Every passenger has a window seat.
Please note: The listed price does not include a USD 20.00 per person fuel surcharge, payable at the time of tour check-in. The fuel surcharge is required by our local supplier and is not within our control. A private tour surcharge may apply, please see Additional Info for full details.
Grand Canyon West Rim Adventure Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Complimentary pick-up service is available from Scottsdale and Metro Phoenix hotels and resorts
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
All flight times are approximate and subject to change due to weather conditions and weight restrictions.
Return Details:Returns to original departure point at approximately 2:30pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Grand Canyon West Rim Adventure and Skywalk
- Scenic Air Tour with narration
- Ground Tour of the Grand Canyon
- Skywalk Tour
- Helicopter flight to Canyon Floor
- Smooth Water Float Trip
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- The listed price does not include a USD 20.00 per person fuel surcharge, payable at the time of tour check-in. The fuel surcharge is required by our local supplier and is not within our control.
- Private Tour Surcharge (for full details, please see information below)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If there are only 2 passengers in total on the tour, there will be a USD50 per person surcharge. You will be advised if this is applicable at the time of reconfirmation, 48 hours prior to tour date. This surcharge is payable direct to the tour operator
- If you are the only two passengers on the tour, and you do not wish to pay the surcharge for a private tour, you may cancel or reschedule with no penalties
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking Passengers who weigh 285 lbs or more are required to pay a surcharge of USD$72 direct at check-in.
- Note that ALL loose objects including cameras are NOT allowed on the Skywalk. Personal goods will need to be stored in a locker at a USD$1 fee. Photos are available to be purchased at the gift shop.
- This tour is not suitable for passengers that have difficulty walking. There is a 10 minute hike down a natural terrain pathway with 2 steep inclines and steps, between the helicopter and boat.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.