Experience the grandeur of Versailles Palace and Gardens on a small-group tour that includes skip-the-line access, so you don’t have to wait in the queue. With a maximum of 20 people per group, this small-group trip to Versailles ensures a more intimate experience. There is a certain magic that fizzes through the air at the Palace of Versailles. Hidden away from the modern world, this majestic European castle on the outskirts of Paris is a perfectly preserved example of the reckless extravagance of the French monarchy.
The famous Palace of Versailles is Parisian life at its most luxurious, with gold-brushed furniture, quilted four-poster beds and lush rolling lawns that stretch as far as the eye can see. Marvel at the sheer size of the Palace of Versailles, one of the most beautiful castles in the world with an astonishing 700 rooms.
Note: From April 15, 2013, this tour will start and finish in central Paris.
This small-group tour is the best way to see the palace. Not only is the tour limited to 20 people, meaning you’ll experience more personalized attention from your guide, but it also gives you skip-the-line access, so you won’t have to wait in the long lines.
Inside the palace, peruse its incredible array of fine art and the intricate design of its 1,250 fireplaces as you work your way through the castle, including the King and Queen’s apartments, the Chapel, the Coronation Room, Hall of Mirrors and the Salon of Abundance. Your guide will talk you through the rooms as you pass them, each one entirely different from the next. And just when you think that you have seen all that the Palace of Versailles has to offer, you’ll burst into the sunlight and encounter its dazzling gardens, more than 1,800 acres in size.
Versailles Palace + Gardens
Entrance to the Palace. The Fountain shows and Musical Garden shows take place in the Versailles Gardens on Saturdays, Sundays and Tuesdays. On these days, customers are required to purchase an entrance ticket (payable direct) to access the gardens. On days where the shows are not running, access to the gardens is complimentary.
Versailles Palace + Show
Entrance to the Palace plus:-
- Versailles Fountain Display - See the magnificent Versailles Fountains Display, known as the Grand Eaux. It’s a wonderful live concert held in the groves, designed by André Le Nôtre, where you can watch the fountains explode to the sounds of music. The show runs on Tuesday (8, 15, 22-26 and 29 May), and Saturday, Sunday (01 May - 28 October). No show on Thursday.
- Musical Gardens Show - Be enchanted by the musical gardens event – Jardins Musicaux, as it’s known. Enjoy the simple beauty of classical music played in the surroundings of the Versailles Gardens. The musical gardens event runs on Tuesday (01 - 15 May and 03 July - October 23. No show on Thurs, Sat or Sun.
Special Offer! - Book before May 31, 2013, and save 15% on the recommended retail price. - Book Now!
Hall of Mirrors at the Palace of Versailles
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Central Paris, near Musee d'Orsay
- 2:05pm (arrive strictly at 1:55pm)
Return Details:Concludes in central Paris
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday at 3pm (arrive strictly at 2:45pm) . Tour includes entrance ticket to both Palace of Versailles and the Fountain Display *schedule permitting
Thursday at 3pm (arrive strictly at 2:45pm) . Tour includes entrance ticket to the Palace of Versailles. Admission to the gardens is free of charge on Thursday. No shows running on this day.
Tuesday at 3pm (arrive strictly at 2:45pm) . Tour includes entrance ticket to both Palace of Versailles and the Musical Gardens *schedule permitting
Skip the Line: Versailles Palace Walking Tour
- Entrance ticket to the Palace of Versailles
- Entrance ticket to the Gardens of Versailles
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Small groups tour (maximum 20 passengers)
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Versailles Fountain Show does not run on Thursdays. The fountain show runs on Tuesday (May 31 - June 28), Saturday and Sunday (April 2 - October 2).
Itinerary:Skip the Line: Versailles Palace Walking Tour includes but is not limited to:
- Palace of Versailles - King and Queen's Apartments, the Chapel, the 17th century galleries and the Hall of Mirrors, Hercules Drawing Room, Salon of Abundance, Venus Room, Diana Room (with a bust of Louis XIV by Bernini), Mars Room, Mercury Room, Apollo Room, War Room, Peace Room, King's bedroom, Queen's bedchamber, Salon of the Nobles, Coronation Room, Royal Chapel
- Fountain Display: See the magnificent Versailles fountain show, known as the Grand Eaux. It’s a wonderful live concert held in the exclusive groves, designed by André Le Nôtre, where you can watch the fountains explode to the sounds of music. The show runs on Tuesday (8, 15, 22-26 and 29 May), and Saturday and Sunday (01 May - 28 October). No show on Thursday.
Musical Gardens Show: Be enchanted by the musical gardens event –the Jardins Musicaux, as it’s known. Enjoy the simple beauty of classical music played in the beautiful surroundings of the Versailles Gardens. The musical gardens event runs on Tuesday (01 - 15 May and 03 July - October 23. No show on Thurs, Sat or Sun.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.