3-Day Great Ocean Road and Grampians Tour from Melbourne
- Led by a local guide
- Multi-Day Trip
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
Day 1: Melbourne to Cape Otway (L,D)
Depart from Melbourne and travel along the Great Ocean Road to Cape Otway. Visit the famed Bells Beach, a landmark on the international pro-surfing tour, and watch the surfers carve up the waves. Stop at the lovely coastal towns of Lorne and Apollo Bay before arriving at Australia’s oldest lighthouse on the southernmost point of Cape Otway.
Accommodation:13th Apostle Hostel
Day 2: Cape Otway to the Grampians (B,L,D)
Today, continue along the Great Ocean Road and see the Shipwreck Coast, where more than 50 ships met their peril against the rugged coastline in the 19th and early 20th centuries. The most famous was the wreck of Loch Ard, when only two out of 54 people survived and for which the Loch Ard Gorge is named. See the majestic 12 Apostles, a group of limestone rocks formed by the natural elements that jut straight up out of the water. Then discover the sleeping volcano of Tower Hill, now a wildlife sanctuary, before arriving at the foothills of the Grampians.
Accommodation: Asses Ears Wilderness Retreat
Day 3: The Grampians to Melbourne (B,L)
Explore the Grampians on a guided scenic nature walk; cool off at MacKenzie Falls and see panoramic views of the park from Reeds Lookout and the Balconies. See birdlife and native animals roam free and discover the history and culture of the indigenous people and admire their rock art that dates back thousands of years. Pass through the historic gold mining town of Ballarat as your tour returns to Melbourne.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Shared accommodation in 6-bed room with shared bathroom
Private accommodation with shared bathroom
The Grampian Balconies
- Accommodation and linen
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- All park entry fees
- Professional guide
- All transport to and from Melbourne
- Complimentary hotel pickup from centrally located Melbourne hotels
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 14 years
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please limit luggage to a small backpack of soft overnight bag weighing no more than 11 lbs (5 kg)
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required for the option with private accommodation
- Good shoes/boots for walking
- Appropriate clothing for warm and cold conditions
- Sunscreen and hat
- Swimsuit and towel
Reviewed by: Galit Z, October 2014
loved it :)
Reviewed by: Susan C, October 2014
Our tour guide, Matthew, was sensational! Great country, great scenery, great people, great experience!