Discover Sydney’s colorful convict history and take in the sites of Sydney Harbour aboard a restored 1920s ferry. Travel to Goat Island, where you'll learn about Australia's convict history on a guided walking tour before enjoying a cold buffet lunch with complimentary sparkling wine.
- All entrance fees included
- Family friendly
- Free drinks included
- Fully narrated tour
- Likely to Sell Out
- Lunch included
- Instant Confirmation
- Led by a local guide
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Ideal choice for families
- Get inside tips from a local
- Popular choice with kids
- Small-group tour
Board your restored 1920s Sydney ferry, the MV Mulgi, at Campbell’s Cove, in Sydney’s historical Rocks district. While cruising to Goat Island, see Sydney's palatial harbor-side homes and learn about the history of some of Sydney Harbour’s landmarks like Kirribilli House, Fort Denison and Admiralty House. You’ll also enjoy the views of two world-famous attractions, the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House.
Goat Island, which has restricted, limited access, is the largest of the islands in Sydney Harbour. Over the years, Goat Island has served as a quarry, convict stockade, explosives store, police station and fire station. Today the island forms part of the Sydney Harbour National Park.
On a 1-mile (1.5-km) guided walking tour, learn about Goat Island’s colorful past and visit some of Australia's most important and intact convict-built structures. Take in the historic surroundings, and visit the early-1800s military gun-powder magazine, the soldiers’ barracks complex and Sydney’s oldest water police station. You’ll learn what convict life was like on Goat Island, from their punishments to their cramped sleeping quarters and food.
Then it’s time to relax and enjoy a cold buffet feast with a complimentary glass of sparkling wine! As you eat, enjoy the views of Sydney Harbour. After lunch, return to Campbell’s Cove.
Special Offer! - Save 50% on the recommended retail price for adults! Special offer valid for travel until April 30, 2013 - Book Now!
Goat Island Walking Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Campbell's Cove, Sydney
- 11:30am Sat and Sun
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Sydney Harbour Cruise and Goat Island Walking Tour departing Campbell's Cove at 11:30am and returning to Campbell's Cove at 2:15pm
Sydney Harbour Cruise and Goat Island Walking Tour departing Campbell's Cove at 1pm and returning to Campbell's Cove at 3:45pm
Goat Island Walking Tour
- Cold buffet lunch
- Complimentary wine (red, white or sparkling), beer, soft drink and fruit juice
- 40-minute harbor cruise
- 1.5-hour walking tour on Goat Island
- Local guide
- Additional drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please wear comfortable shoes for the Goat Island Walking Tour. This is a leisurely 1-mile (1.5-km) scenic walk, which includes some inclines
Cold meats and seafood
- Fresh king prawns with aioli dressing
- Honey, soy and sesame marinated chicken drumsticks
- Roast rare beef with tomato chutney and horseradish sauce
- Double smoked ham off the bone with seeded mustard
- Mixed leaf salad with cucumber, grated carrot, Spanish onion and raspberry vinaigrette
- Potato salad with shallots, capsicum and creamy mayonnaise
- Spiral pasta with feta, semi dried tomato, kalamata olives, and pesto with tomato ragout
Menu subject to change
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.