Great Barrier Reef Scenic Helicopter Tour and Cruise from Cairns
- Instant Confirmation
- Scenic helicopter flight
- Snorkel gear included
- Lunch included
All options spend time on the Great Barrier Reef aboard a deluxe boat that holds a maximum of 100 people, with 18 expert guides to show you the amazing underwater world.
If you take the boat from Cairns in the morning, when you arrive at the reef you stop at two prime locations to see multi-colored coral gardens and schools of fish. Your friendly guides assist you with your snorkel or scuba diving equipment, and provide encouragement and instruction to both newcomers and experienced participants.
If you are a nervous first-time snorkeler or diver, your guides do their best to help you feel comfortable and enjoy your experience. Even non-swimmers can get in the water and see the reef! If you prefer to stay dry, the afternoon activities include a glass-bottom boat tour accompanied by informative commentary where you can observe the underwater world ($20 payable direct to the operator).
You have a choice of included and optional activities on this tour. If you want to learn to scuba dive, a 10-minute SCUBA lesson is included, allowing you to try it out before purchasing the introductory dive course. It’s the perfect opportunity to experience one of the world’s top locations for diving!
If you already have your scuba diving certification, you can scuba dive as many as three times at two different locations during the full-day excursion, plus have plenty of time for snorkeling or relaxation between dives. Simply book the dives when you are on the boat. All dive gear and dive computers are provided.
Depending on the day’s weather conditions and water clarity, your guides choose from 12 exclusive moorings at six locations for the best possible experience for all activities. Generally, in the morning the boat visits one of the true Outer Great Barrier Reef locations (Norman Reef or Saxon Reef). In the afternoon you then head to North Hastings Reef for more snorkeling, the glass-bottom boat tour, and helicopter flight connections.
For lunch, enjoy a tasty Australian barbecue buffet served on the boat. Select from a spread consisting of fresh fish, sausages and steak, accompanied by a selection of salads, pastas and prawns.
After a memorable visit to the Great Barrier Reef, return to the mainland by boat or helicopter in the afternoon. If you return by boat, snack on a tropical fruit and cheese platter while your talented crew provides live musical entertainment.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Helicopter-Cruise Reef Tour
Depart Cairns at 12:30pm for 25-min helicopter flight to Great Barrier Reef; 2 hrs of snorkeling, swimming, diving or coral-viewing tour; cruise to Cairns. Includes: lunch, snorkel gear
USD $244.93Pricing details
Cruise-Helicopter Reef Tour
Depart Cairns at 8:30am. Cruise to Hastings Reef. Norman Reef and Saxon Reef. 5-hours on the Great Barrier Reef. 25-min helicopter flight to Cairns. Includes: lunch, snorkel gear
USD $284.56Pricing details
Roundtrip Helicopter Reef Tour
Depart Cairns at 12:30pm for 25-min helicopter flight to Great Barrier Reef; 2 hrs of snorkeling, swimming, diving or coral-viewing tour; helicopter to Cairns. Includes: lunch, snorkel gear
USD $396.32Pricing details
Great Barrier Reef Scenic Helicopter Tour and Cruise from Cairns
- BBQ lunch
- Guided snorkeling tour
- Scuba diving demonstration
- Glass-bottom boat tour
- Use of snorkel equipment
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Cairns and Northern Beaches hotels
- Optional video record of your tour, payable direct
- Optional introductory or certified dives, payable direct on travel date
- Glass-bottom boat tour, $20 payable direct on travel date
- AU$20 Environmental Management Charge (EMC) and Fuel Levy is payable direct to the operator on the day of travel
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- Due to comfort, weight and balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over (240 pounds) 110kg will be required to pay an extra 50% of an additional seat
- There is a maximum of 6 passengers permitted per helicopter
- Evidence of dive certification is required from all divers wishing to participate in a certified dive
- Diving within 48 hours of flying is not recommended.(Please note: This does not include the helicopter flight). All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Infants 2 years and under travel free of charge when seated in the lap of a parent or guardian
Helicopter-Cruise Reef Tour (4.5 hours)
Fly by helicopter to the Outer Great Barrier Reef, have lunch and enjoy two hours of snorkeling, diving, swimming and glass-bottom boat tour, then cruise by boat back to Cairns. Departs Cairns at 12:30pm and return at approximately 4:45pm. Hotel pick-ups commence between 30-60 minutes prior to this time.
Cruise-Helicopter Reef Tour (7 hours)
This option gives you the most time on the Great Barrier Reef! Depart by boat from Cairns and enjoy five hours of snorkeling, scuba diving, and swimming, plus the barbecue lunch and glass-bottom boat tour. In the afternoon, transfer to the helicopter pad for your return flight to Cairns. Departs Cairns at 8:30am and returns at approximately 3.30pm. Hotel pick-ups commence between 30-60 minutes prior to this time.
Round-trip Helicopter Reef Tour (3 hours)
Fly by helicopter to the Outer Great Barrier Reef, enjoy two hours for lunch and your snorkeling, swimming, diving and glass-bottom boat tour, then depart by helicopter for Cairns. Departs Cairns at 12:30pm and returns to Cairns at approximately 3:30pm. Hotel pick-ups commence between 30-60 minutes prior to this time.
Reviewed by: Mdlyn H, May 2015
By far the best tour I have ever experienced. To Elvis and crew: Much thanks for your professionalism and hospitality.
Reviewed by: Allan B, May 2015
This tour was amazing!