Great Barrier Reef Scenic Helicopter Tour and Cruise from Cairns
Fly and cruise the Great Barrier Reef, one of the seven wonders of the world. You'll take a scenic helicopter tour from Cairns over the stunning Great Barrier Reef, then cruise, snorkel and dive the reef. You'll have unforgettable aerial views of the Great Barrier Reef's coral and marine life, and enjoy lunch on the water.
- Instant Confirmation
- Scenic helicopter flight
- Snorkel gear included
- Lunch included
Your scenic flight takes you to the Hastings Reef floating helicopter pad, from where you'll be transferred to a sleek 100-foot (30-meter), high-speed vessel. After lunch, you'll have the opportunity to go snorkeling and take a coral-viewing tour in a glass-bottom boat.
There are many options to choose from on this tour. The fly and cruise options are as follows:
Half-day Roundtrip Helicopter Reef Tour: The ultimate day! You will fly by helicopter to the Outer Great Barrier Reef, enjoy lunch and two hours of snorkeling, swimming, diving and taking the glass-bottom boat coral-viewing tour, then depart by helicopter for Cairns. Departs Cairns at 12:30pm and returns to Cairns at approximately 3:30pm. Hotel pick-ups commence between 30-60 minutes prior to this time.
Half-day Helicopter-Cruise Reef Tour: Fly by helicopter to the Outer Great Barrier Reef, enjoy lunch and two hours of snorkeling, swimming, diving and taking the glass-bottom boat coral-viewing tour, then cruise back to Cairns. Departs Carins at 12:30pm and return at approximately 4:45pm. Hotel pick-ups commence between 30-60 minutes prior to this time.
Full-day Cruise-Helicopter Reef Tour: This option gives you the most time on the Great Barrier Reef, up to five-hours of swimming, snorkeling or diving. Cruise to Hastings Reef and stop on the way at two spectacular locations (either Norman Reef or Saxon Reef and Hastings Reef). After a barbecue lunch and spending time at the reef as above, you'll be transferred to the helicopter pad for your return flight to Cairns.Departs Cairns at 8:30am and returns at approx. 3.30pm. Hotel pick-ups commence between 30-60 minutes prior to this time.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Roundtrip Helicopter Reef Tour and Helicopter-Cruise Reef Tour: General Aviation at the Cairns Airport
- Cruise-Helicopter Reef Tour: Reef Fleet Terminal, Cairns
- Pick up is available from Cairns or Northern Beaches hotels
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Helicopter-Cruise Reef Tour
Depart Cairns at 12:30pm for 25-min helicopter flight to Great Barrier Reef; 2 hrs of snorkeling, swimming, diving or coral-viewing tour; cruise to Cairns. Includes: lunch, snorkel gear
Cruise-Helicopter Reef Tour
Depart Cairns at 8:30am. Cruise to Hastings Reef. Norman Reef and Saxon Reef. 5-hours on the Great Barrier Reef. 25-min helicopter flight to Cairns. Includes: lunch, snorkel gear
Roundtrip Helicopter Reef Tour
Depart Cairns at 12:30pm for 25-min helicopter flight to Great Barrier Reef; 2 hrs of snorkeling, swimming, diving or coral-viewing tour; helicopter to Cairns. Includes: lunch, snorkel gear
Great Barrier Reef Scenic Helicopter Flight
- BBQ lunch
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off from Cairns and Northern Beaches hotels
- Free guided snorkeling tour
- Free scuba diving demonstration
- Glass-bottom boat tour
- Use of snorkel equipment
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Optional video record of your tour, payable direct
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop off (payable direct)
- Optional Introductory or Certified Dives, payable direct on travel date
- AU$20 Environmental Management Charge and Fuel Levy is payable direct to the operator on the day of travel
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 110kg will be required to pay an extra 50% of an additional seat
- There is a maximum of 6 passengers permitted per helicopter
- Evidence of dive certification is required from all divers wishing to participate in a certified dive
- Diving within 48 hours of flying is not recommended.(Please note: This does not include the helicopter flight). All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Infants 2 years and under travel free of charge when seated in the lap of a parent or guardian
- Snorkeling is one of the best ways to view the Great Barrier Reef. Snorkeling equipment is included and easy access to the water is available from lowered platforms. You are invited to join a FREE guided tour, to get the most out of your snorkeling experience. Included Activity.
- It's fun, it's easy, with professional dive instructors who can take you on your first dive. All equipment is included. Try a FREE Scuba Lesson which takes approximately 10 minutes. Please note that some medical conditions and medications may preclude you from diving. Minimum age for diving is 12 years and a parent or guardian must sign a release form if aged between 12 and 18 years. Optional Activity. (Additional charge)
- You are taken to two outer reef diving locations. All equipment is included. Some medical conditions and medications may preclude passengers from scuba diving and divers MUST be certified. Certified divers must show a 'C' card. Optional Activity. (Additional charge)
Glass Bottom Boat Tour:
- From the comfort of a glass-bottom boat, you are able to view the spectacular coral formations and the masses of brilliantly colored fish, without getting wet! A full reef commentary is provided, along with a specially designed scenic reef excursion, as you travel below water level to enable you a diver's view of the best parts of the Great Barrier Reef. This tour takes approximately 30mins, however the duration depends on weather conditions. Included Activity.
Reviewed by: Inga Rasmussen, April 2014
What do you do, if you want to snorkel in The Great Barrier Reef, but you can't swim?? You seek the help from crew member Max from the company Down Under Cruise and Dive, who is my new hero. He helped me not only to get into the water, but took me on an amazing journey, where we swam with a tiny little shark, saw lots of turtles and colourful fish - big and small. I'm happy to report we even found Nemo!!! I flew back to Cairns by helicopter...as you do ;-) The weather wasn't brilliant, as we had the left over rain from the cyclone. Still a day I'll cherish for the rest of my days !!
Reviewed by: Dr. Dorothee M, January 2014
We went out on a very lovely sunny and calm day so we enjoyed the trip very much. Snorkeling on two different spot was great. It was a bit crowded, as they try to get everyone in the water, even non-swimmers, who tend to stand on the corals (what is definitely very bad, espacially with fins) and keep hold on them etc. Food was nice, enough changing rooms etc. Really georgeous was our helicopter flight was, I really recommend this combination of cruise out and fly in.