Dolphin Encounter at Ocean World
For a fun way for the entire family to enjoy the breathtaking, once in a lifetime experience of an up close and personal dolphin encounter, book Ocean World's Dolphin Encounter Interaction Program! This program is suitable for all ages and offers guests the opportunity to touch, kiss, hug and dance with these beautiful mammals!
This interactive program enables participants to stand comfortably on a platform, approximately three feet below the water, and experience the magic of the dolphin world.
Although not a swim program, the Dolphin Encounter offers an up-close-and-personal opportunity for guests of all ages to meet these incredible mammals in the safety and comfort of waist deep water.
While professional animal trainers supervise, guests and dolphins will share kisses, hugs, and 'dances.' Participants have the chance to touch the dolphin's smooth, rubbery skin and feed their new people-loving friends some fishy treats, all while posing for some once in a lifetime photos!
Admission is included when you book this interaction program.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from most Puerto Plata, Playa Dorada, Cofresi and Maimon hotels. A surcharge is charged for passengers transferring from Sosua, Cabarette, Rio San Juan, Bahia Principe, Playa Grande and Luperon (payable direct and only available on certain days).
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Dolphin Encounter at Ocean World
- Round trip bus transfers (surcharges apply for some hotels)
- 30 minute Dolphin Encounter Program
- Use of the Aquaglide Water Playground
- Snorkeling in Tropical Reef Aquarium
- Snorkeling Equipment
- Swimming in Tiger Grotto
- Sea Lion Shows (twice per day)
- Rainforest and Bird Exhibits
- Observation of all Dolphin and Sea Lion Interactive Programs
- Use of Dolphin Beach (beach lounge chairs included)
- Local taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Transfer Surcharge (if staying in Sosua, Cabarette, Rio San Juan, Bahia Principe, Playa Grande and Luperon)
- Lunch (Buffet available for an additional US$14 booked and paid direct)
- Confirmation for this product will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Total duration for the Dolphin Encounter is approximately 30 minutes
- A Buffet Lunch option is available for US$14 per person. Please book the Lunch Buffet when you call to reconfirm your tour
- Please Note: This is NOT a swim program but an interactive encounter program. If you wish to swim with the dolphins, please book the Dolphin Swim option
- Please Note: Pregnant passengers are not allowed to participate in any encounter / interactive programs
- Children aged 3 years and under are free of charge (one infant per each paying adult)
- Infants and children aged 0 - 12 years must be accompanied by a paying adult in the same session
Park Schedule (subject to change)
- 9:30am - 5:30pm: Caribbean Snorkel Reef, and the Love Bird Encounter Tropical Bird Sanctuary, all run continually throughout the day
- 9:30am: Stingray Encounter; Sea Lion Encounter
- 10:00am: Dolphin Swim and Encounter; Shark Feeding Show and Encounter
- 11:00am: Sea Lion Show; Dolphin Swim and Encounter
- 11:30am: Sea Lion Encounter
- 12:00pm: Dolphin Swim and Encounter; Stingray Encounter
- 12:30pm: Shark Feeding Show and Encounter
- 1:00pm: Dolphin Swim and Encounter
- 1:30pm: Sea Lion Encounter
- 2:00pm: Dolphin Swim and Encounter; Stingray Encounter
- 2:30pm: Shark Feeding Show and Encounter
- 3:00pm: Dolphin Swim and Encounter; Sea Lion Show
- 3:30pm: Sea Lion Encounter
- 4:00pm: Dolphin Swim and Encounter; Stingray Encounter
- 4:30pm: Shark Feeding Show and Encounter
- 5:00pm: Dolphin Swim and Encounter
Reviewed by: Andrea S, Canada, February 2016
I bought this tour as a 70th birthday present for my dad. My parents told me that they were very impressed with how well the day was organized. They were picked up exactly on time at their hotel and everything went like clockwork all through the day. Ocean World works like a well oiled machine. They even went back another night for the Bravissimo show and loved both the dinner and the show.
Reviewed by: jessica p, December 2013
My bf and I went to ocean world in September it was amazing!!! My life long dream was to swim with dolphins it was the best expierence I've had in my life! Would do it again and upgrade to the hour long swim!