Dolphin Encounter at Ocean World
For a fun way for the entire family to enjoy the breathtaking, once in a lifetime experience of an up close and personal dolphin encounter, book Ocean World's Dolphin Encounter Interaction Program! This program is suitable for all ages and offers guests the opportunity to touch, kiss, hug and dance with these beautiful mammals!
This interactive program enables participants to stand comfortably on a platform, approximately three feet below the water, and experience the magic of the dolphin world.
Although not a swim program, the Dolphin Encounter offers an up-close-and-personal opportunity for guests of all ages to meet these incredible mammals in the safety and comfort of waist deep water.
While professional animal trainers supervise, guests and dolphins will share kisses, hugs, and 'dances.' Participants have the chance to touch the dolphin's smooth, rubbery skin and feed their new people-loving friends some fishy treats, all while posing for some once in a lifetime photos!
Admission is included when you book this interaction program.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from most Puerto Plata, Playa Dorada, Cofresi and Maimon hotels. A surcharge is charged for passengers transferring from Sosua, Cabarette, Rio San Juan, Bahia Principe, Playa Grande and Luperon (payable direct and only available on certain days).
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Dolphin Encounter at Ocean World
- Round trip bus transfers (surcharges apply for some hotels)
- 30 minute Dolphin Encounter Program
- Use of the Aquaglide Water Playground
- Snorkeling in Tropical Reef Aquarium
- Snorkeling Equipment
- Swimming in Tiger Grotto
- Sea Lion Shows (twice per day)
- Rainforest and Bird Exhibits
- Observation of all Dolphin and Sea Lion Interactive Programs
- Use of Dolphin Beach (beach lounge chairs included)
- Local taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Transfer Surcharge (if staying in Sosua, Cabarette, Rio San Juan, Bahia Principe, Playa Grande and Luperon)
- Confirmation for this product will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Total duration for the Dolphin Encounter is approximately 30 minutes
- A Buffet Lunch option is available for US$14 per person. Please book the Lunch Buffet when you call to reconfirm your tour
- Please Note: This is NOT a swim program but an interactive encounter program. If you wish to swim with the dolphins, please book the Dolphin Swim option
- Please Note: Pregnant passengers are not allowed to participate in any encounter / interactive programs
- Children aged 3 years and under are free of charge (one infant per each paying adult)
- Infants and children aged 0 - 12 years must be accompanied by a paying adult in the same session
Park Schedule (subject to change)
- 9:30am - 5:30pm: Caribbean Snorkel Reef, and the Love Bird Encounter Tropical Bird Sanctuary, all run continually throughout the day
- 9:30am: Stingray Encounter; Sea Lion Encounter
- 10:00am: Dolphin Swim and Encounter; Shark Feeding Show and Encounter
- 11:00am: Sea Lion Show; Dolphin Swim and Encounter
- 11:30am: Sea Lion Encounter
- 12:00pm: Dolphin Swim and Encounter; Stingray Encounter
- 12:30pm: Shark Feeding Show and Encounter
- 1:00pm: Dolphin Swim and Encounter
- 1:30pm: Sea Lion Encounter
- 2:00pm: Dolphin Swim and Encounter; Stingray Encounter
- 2:30pm: Shark Feeding Show and Encounter
- 3:00pm: Dolphin Swim and Encounter; Sea Lion Show
- 3:30pm: Sea Lion Encounter
- 4:00pm: Dolphin Swim and Encounter; Stingray Encounter
- 4:30pm: Shark Feeding Show and Encounter
- 5:00pm: Dolphin Swim and Encounter
Reviewed by: jessica p, December 2013
My bf and I went to ocean world in September it was amazing!!! My life long dream was to swim with dolphins it was the best expierence I've had in my life! Would do it again and upgrade to the hour long swim!
Reviewed by: Manuel U, September 2012
To be honest I gave 5 stars to the Dolphin (Chico from cuba). I would give to the trainer 3 stars because the intructions were not clear before the encounter with the Dolphin and they can be misleading to do something confusing. I was the first to be called to participate of a group of 4. I was seated across the trainer with a pool and the Dolphin in the middle. The trainer just called me and asked me to join him. He did not explain if the pool was deep or shallow, if I had to swim next to him or to walk around the pool. During the confusion, I jumped in the pool and I found out it was very deep. After making attempts to go back to my previous place, I decided that it was better to swim across the pool. I was a little worried about how the Dolphin would behave having me there inside the pool with him. I would highly recommend to the trainer to tell the people with clear words " stand up, walk around the pood and seat next to me". Those simple words would simplify and enrich the experience. Clear communication is very important!