Great Ocean Road Small-Group Eco-Tour from Melbourne
- Instant Confirmation
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Fully narrated tour
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All entrance fees included
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
About one hour into your journey, travel through Torquay, a beach town known for its surf culture and as the start of the Great Ocean Road. Next, visit the famous Bells beach and enjoy other scenic coastal stops, continue another hour to Kennett River where you take a short walk in eucalyptus forest to look for koalas and colorful parrots.
Further along, at the foot of the Otway Ranges, have lunch in the beautiful town of Apollo Bay. Then enjoy free time to explore the shops and marina or take a dip in the water.
Your next stop takes you into Great Otway National Park for a leisurely stroll at Maits Rest. A wooden boardwalk leads through lovely fern gardens and rain forest, with giant trees up to 300 years old.
Hop back on the bus to visit Port Campbell National Park, known for offshore rock formations such as the Twelve Apostles. Here you have the option to upgrade and take a 10-minute helicopter ride along the magnificent coastline. From the air, you get an amazing perspective on Gibsons Steps, the Twelve Apostles and Loch Ard Gorge.
Next, drive along the Shipwreck Coast to Loch Ard Gorge, named after an infamous 1878 shipwreck. Hear the story of the wreck and its two survivors as you take in scenic views. Then drive to your final destination, London Arch, a naturally formed rock archway that was known as London Bridge until its middle portion collapsed in 1990.
Your return journey includes a stop for dinner (at own expense) and stunning views of the lights of Melbourne as you cross the West Gate Bridge.
Translation of key tour information in 13 languages is provided on specially configured iPods. Enjoy free WiFi onboard your minicoach, making the return drive a perfect time to upload photos or email friends about your fantastic day on the Great Ocean Road.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Great Ocean Road Tour
USD $99.68Pricing details
Tour & Heli Flight
Great Ocean Road Tour and Scenic Helicopter Flight. Flight time approximately 10-minutes in duration
USD $175.43Pricing details
Great Ocean Road, Melbourne
- Morning tea
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- National Park fees
- Helicopter tour (if option selected)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Audio guides available in Mandarin, German, and French, among other languages
- Vehicles hold a maximum of 24 passengers
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking for helicopter flights. Maximum weight not to exceed 299 pounds (136kg)
- A fee of AUD$20.00 applies for infants if taking the helicopter option. This must be paid direct to the guide on the day of travel.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- All touring vehicles are fitted with free WIFI
Reviewed by: Azmi A, May 2015
The tour was MARVELLOUS. The only setback was the weather. It rained when we arrived at the 12 Apostles and Loch Ard Gorge. It was so windy and cold too, but I still managed to get there and see the 12 Apostles. I even dragged myself to the Loch Arg Gorge and it was well worth it. the Great Ocean Road was awesome. Those who visits Melbourne/Victoria must experience this tour. I intend to come again. Serious.
Reviewed by: Hollie G, May 2015
Great time on the great ocean road. Had a fantastic guide called Daniel who really went the extra mile to make the trip enjoyable for everyone in the group from making additional stops for those travellers who were unwell, to being everyones personal photographer or just giving you that extra bit of information whilst on the road he was ace. The road has more bends than a snake so is not the best place for anyone who suffers from travel sickness but if you can keep your breakfast down it is well worth it.
It is an extremely long day so speaking from experience it is not the best idea to get into your hotel at 3am after a night out!! You will want to stay awake to see the breath taking scenary. I chose the Helicopter option which was amazing cannot believe it has took me 25 years to get in one and while you are only up there for a short while the views are amazing.