Confused by all the dials and menus of your camera? Would you like to get away from "auto" and learn to use all the features of your camera when you travel? This Washington DC photography workshop provides tips on architectural and travel photography, outdoor portraiture, and interior photography without flash by professional photographer E. David Luria., while taking you to the most popular monuments and historic buildings in Washington DC.
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Led by a professional photographer
Morning Photographic Sights
- The White House
- Lafayette Park
- The Albert Einstein Memorial
- Lincoln Memorial
- Vietnam Memorial
- Union Station
In the afternoon, you will drive to colorful and architecturally diverse Adams-Morgan neighborhood, then to the magnificent Washington National Cathedral (one of the finest examples of Gothic architecture anywhere in the USA). Here, you will learn how to photograph stained glass windows and church interiors and exteriors. Finally, you will end up at the Iwo Jima Marine Corps Memorial across the Potomac in Arlington VA, with its extraordinary postcard view of the monuments in Washington DC. Your tour ends with a real "piece de resistance", photographing the Lincoln Memorial, the Washington Monument and the Capitol all aligned neatly in your viewfinder and shining in the afternoon sun.
This tour has a special appeal to people who love to take pictures but are hesitant to go out on their own and prefer the safety of a small (7-8 persons) group under the guidance of a professional photographer.
Learn how to take amazing photos!
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tour departs from the Renwick Gallery, located at 1661 Pennsylvania Ave NW
- Half day tour departs at 9:40am on Wednesday's and Saturday's
Full day tour departs at 9:40am on Wednesday's
Return Details:Half day tour ends at 1:15pm at Union Station
Full day tour ends at 5:15pm, at Rosslyn Metro (Blue/Orange Lines)
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Take a half day tour, approximately 3.5 hours to the most popular monuments and historic buildings in Washington.
Take a full day tour, approximately 7.5 hours to the most popular monuments and historic buildings in Washington.
Monuments and Memorials Full Day Photo Safari
- Transportation between locations
- Instruction materials on travel photography
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup ad drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- There will be a 45-minute lunch break at Union Station (food and beverages are not included in price)
- Tours depart in all weather conditions
- There is a considerable amount of walking during this tour, and guests must be able to independently walk around the monuments and near the White House
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Please include a contact phone number in the event the tour is canceled due to inclement weather
Please include a contact phone number in the event the tour is canceled due to inclement weather
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.