Take time out for a day trip into the wild beauty of Yosemite National Park from San Francisco. Enjoy the beautiful countryside and discover the raw beauty of California's most famous national park.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
- All entrance fees included
- Likely to Sell Out
Your journey begins with a drive through San Joaquin Valley and into the Sierra Nevada range. In the morning, you will be driven to a giant sequoia grove (snow depth permitting), stopping along the way for a bird's-eye view of the whole valley. You can relax in the picnic area and have lunch (not included) among the giant sequoia trees.
After lunch, you will have the opportunity to go on a short one-hour hike to the falls or grab a snack at the Yosemite Lodge. You will have three to four hours to spend at Yosemite National Park, with a range of activities to suit everyone, which may include some of the following:
- Hike to one of Yosemite's waterfalls
- Watch the climbers on El Capitan
- Rent bikes for a relaxing cycle on the flat bike paths throughout the valley
- Cool off in lovely river pools in summer
- Spot a black bear
- Relax at the visitors center, with museums, restaurants and the Ansel Adams Gallery to inspire every amateur photographer
Please note: The weather in Yosemite is highly variable and includes rain and snow in winter and high temperatures in summer. The itinerary may be adapted to make the most of Yosemite during different seasons and times of the year.
The Giant Sequoias are best visited between May and October. During the rest of the year, snow and ice conditions may prevent access to roads and trails. In this event, other activities may be substituted in its place.
Special Offer! - Limited time offer: Upgrade for just $10 to receive a 2-hour walking tour of Fisherman's Wharf (worth over $50!) and learn about the history of this special neighborhood. Get introduced to some of San Francisco’s famous Gold Rush history and discover hidden treasures that are often overlooked. Tours depart Buena Vista Cafe at 10am on Fridays and Saturdays - UPGRADE NOW! - Book Now!
Giant Sequoias, California
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tour departs from Union Square, Fisherman's Wharf, South of Market, Japantown. Financial District, Chinatown, and Marina (west end of Lombard Street) hotels, and 2 East BART stations.
- Between 5:50am and 6:30am (exact pickup time will be advised at reconfirmation)
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Yosemite National Park and Giant Sequoias Trip from San Francisco
Yosemite Nat. Park & Giant Sequoias Trip PLUS 2-hr walking tour of Fisherman's Wharf departing 10am Fridays and Saturdays through March 30 from Buena Vista Cafe. Upgrade for $10 for a tour worth $50!
Yosemite National Park, California
- Expert guide and commentary
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Yosemite National Park entrance fee
- Gratuities (optional)
- Child safety seat for children under 8 years old or 4ft 9in (1.4m) required
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Access to the Sequoia Grove can be difficult during winter months, generally October through April, and other activities may be substituted at the discretion of the guide
- California law requires tour guests to bring a car safety seat for all children under 8 years and under 4' 9" (1.4 meters) in height
- As tour sizes vary, transportation is in either a 15 passenger minivan or a 36 passenger coach
- Audio headsets available in Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, French, German, Korean, Mandarin and Japanese. Specify language at time of booking under special requirements. Please bring USD20.00 deposit on the day of the tour. This will be refunded at the end
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.