Enjoy the beauty of San Francisco's waterfront plus superb vistas of Alcatraz Island and San Francisco Bay on this comprehensive half-day guided tour. It's the perfect introduction to the City by the Bay, providing an essential overview of San Francisco's attractions and layout. Accompanied by a knowledgeable driver-guide, you'll tour the City from the bay to the ocean, with photo stops at key locations.
You'll visit famous attractions such as the Golden Gate Bridge and the stop at Twin Peaks will give you a breathtaking 360 degree view of the city from 1000 feet above sea level. Opt to upgrade your tour to include a bay cruise to complete your panorama of San Francisco from land and sea!
Travel through the Golden Gate Park and enjoy seasonal flower displays, bison grazing, and pass windmills overlooking the Pacific Ocean. You'll spy neighborhoods dotted with colorful Victorian homes and learn about San Francisco’s early settlements, from the Native Americans and Spanish missionaries to the frenzied days of the gold rush as you drive along the once infamous Barbary Coast.
The tour highlights all of San Francisco's major attractions, including:
- Fisherman's Wharf
- Victorian Homes
- Palace of Fine Arts
- North Beach
- Presidio National Park
- Awe-inspiring views of Alcatraz and the Pacific Ocean
Take advantage of some great photo stops (each stop 10 to 15 minutes) at key landmarks including:
- Vista Point at Golden Gate Bridge
- Twin Peaks (weather permitting)
- Golden Gate Park's Japanese Tea Garden
Upgrade your half-day city tour to receive a one-hour cruise of San Francisco Bay, and enjoy some of the most beautiful waterside views in the world! The cruise is fully narrated and you'll sail under the Golden Gate Bridge (weather permitting) for close-up views of Alcatraz Island, the San Francisco waterfront and the California sea lions. The perfect accompaniment to the half-day city tour.
View of city from Twin Peaks, San Francisco
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from centrally located San Francisco hotels and airport hotels (pickup at airport hotels is available for the morning departure only). Pickup at airport hotels is between 7:45 and 8:00am.
Please note, the following Fisherman's Wharf hotels are all within 2 blocks walking distance of the tour departure point. If you are staying at any of these hotels please make your own way to the Fisherman's Wharf departure point:
- Holiday Inn Fisherman's Wharf Express (550 Northpoint St)
- Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf (555 Northpoint St)
- Tuscan Inn (125 Northpoint St)
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
San Francisco Deluxe Half-Day City Tour departing at 10am
San Francisco Deluxe Half-Day City Tour departing at 10am and an hour-long cruise of San Francisco Bay
San Francisco Deluxe Half-Day City Tour departing at 2pm
San Francisco Deluxe Half-Day Tour
- San Francisco city tour
- Transport by air-conditioned bus
- Hotel pickup and drop-off at centrally located hotels
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fee to Japanese Tea Garden (approximately USD4.00)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible. However, passengers in a wheelchair can be accommodated only if they can get on and off the bus on their own and if the wheelchair is foldable. The driver is not permitted to assist handicapped persons due to insurance restrictions
- Buses are air conditioned and the size of the bus depends on the number of passengers on the tour. There are 48, 28, 39, 47 and 50 seater vehicles
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.