Mount Pilatus Summer Day Trip from Lucerne
For a full day of summer splendor, make for the mountains on this guided roundtrip from Lucerne to central Switzerland's Mount Pilatus. Your full day guided tour includes a gondola and aerial cable car ride, descending the world's steepest cog-wheel railway and a cruise on Lake Lucerne.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
Venture on a half day round trip from Lucerne to Mount Pilatus on this guided alpine summer tour. Escorted by your professional guide, take the aerial cable-car from Kriens 7000 feet (2132 meters) to the top of Mt.Pilatus. Enjoy unforgettable views over surrounding mountains and lakes with approximately an hour and a half at your leisure. Venture down the Dragon's Path and make the short hike to the summit before descending by cogwheel train to Alpnachstad. At a gradient of 48% it's the world's steepest!
Your summer alpine adventures conclude with a picturesque boat ride across lovely Lake Lucerne.
Please note, if you are traveling in late October, the aerial cable car could be canceled due to poor or unsafe weather conditions. If this is the case, you will travel up and down Mt. Pilatus by cogwheel train.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Mount Pilatus Summer Day Trip
- Cable-car Ride (April to August)
- Cogwheel Train Ride - the steepest train in Europe! (approximately May to November 15)
- Boat Ride on Lake Lucerne (approximately May until late October)
- A complementary lunch in the event of the boat ride is not operating
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Please note the cable car operates subject to weather conditions. When the cable car does not operate, you will be transported up and down the mountain by cog-wheel train
- Please note that in September and October the tour will be operated by cogwheel train to ascend and descend Mt Pilatus. The cable car is under maintenance
Reviewed by: rbruechle, November 2014
Tour was cancelled due to bad weather damaging the train tracks (and the gondola was closed), so we were upgraded to the Titlis tour at no extra charge. I highly recommend the Titlis tour, but was also sorry not to see Pilatus. Fortunately our hotel room overlooked Pilatus so we were not completely without the experience, but I would have liked to do the Golden Round Trip to and from Pilatus - perhaps another time.
Reviewed by: Danielle B, October 2014
We enjoyed our tour tremendously. We were glad we booked this trip as everything was taken care of for us.
We will definitely use Viator again when booking. Our tour guide was wonderful and very informative
This was the best way to see Pilatus!