Calling all lovers of fine wine! This day trip from San Francisco to the valleys of Napa and Sonoma allows you to be the guide for a day and help select the wineries visited on this customizable tour of California's renowned wine-growing region. Visit up to 6 boutique wineries depending on the choices of your small-group and benefit from the freedom and flexibility only a customizable tour can provide.
You'll travel through picturesque countryside to discover some of California's favorite wines including Stags Leap, Rutherford, St. Helena and Glen Ellen, and enjoy a leisurely lunch stop (at own expense) at one of the wineries. All you need to bring is an appetite for fine wine and a list of suggestions for your guide on this go-with-the-flow, customizable wine country tour!
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Small group ensures personal service
For lovers of great wine and beautiful scenery, this small group tour from San Francisco takes you to where America's most famous wine labels originate. Typically, your guide will take you to both Sonoma and Napa Valleys to visit boutique wineries not frequented by large group tours. Requests for favorite wineries will be considered subject to distance constraints, so you can help plan the trip!
Sample wines from famous grape-growing regions such as Oakville, Yountville, Los Carneros, Sonoma Valley and Kenwood and be entertained by your guide's illuminating commentary on the science and art of wine making in between stops. You also have the opportunity to enjoy a delicious gourmet lunch at one of the wineries at your leisure (at own expense).Returning to San Francisco after a fulfilling day of wine tasting, you have the option of ending your tour in the picture postcard village of Sausalito, where you can browse the shops before making your way back across San Francisco Bay on the ferry.
Crave maximum flexibility and choice on your visit to wine country? This tour is for you!
Customizable Wine Country Tour from San Francisco
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from Union Square, Fisherman's Wharf, South of Market, Japantown. Financial District, Chinatown, and Marina (west end of Lombard Street) hotels, and the Ferry Terminal in Sausalito.
- Between 7:50am and 9am
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Vineyards at Sonoma, California
- Expert guide and commentary
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Wine tastings: fees range from $5 to $25
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- California law requires tour guests to bring a car safety seat for all children under 8 years or under 4' 9" (1.4 meters) in height
- If you have winery preferences, please note your suggestions in the Special Requirements field at time of booking. Due to time and distance constraints or other circumstances, some requests may not be accommodated
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.