Hoover Dam Tour With Lake Mead Cruise
Travel by December 31, 2014 and the price displayed includes a 5% discount off the local operator's price. Book with us and save!
- Family friendly
- Hotel pickup included
- Lunch included
While exploring on your own, head to the Theater Level, where there are murals, maps, photos and other displays that provide an introduction to the Hoover Dam. Watch a short presentation, "How the West was Won," that showcases the part that the Bureau of Reclamation played in taming the rivers, settling the West and growing the country’s food.
Next, you’ll visit the power plant generators on the guided Discovery Tour. To get there, you'll take the large elevators 500 feet down into the walls of the Black Canyon to walk through a 250-foot-long tunnel and view the 650-foot-long Nevada wing of the power plant and its eight huge generators. Stand on top of it at the Penstock Viewing Platform, where you can view one of the four 30-foot-diameter pipes that transport nearly 90,000 gallons of water each second from Lake Mead to the hydroelectric generators in the powerhouse.
After the Discovery Tour, visit the Exhibit Gallery, which highlights some of the natural history of the region and presents a picture of how the Hoover Dam was constructed and how it presently operates. From the Dam Overlook, you can soak in the beautiful panoramic view of the Dam, Lake Mead and the Colorado River.
Then it’s time to leave the heights of Hoover Dam and head down to the water’s level. At Lake Mead Marina, you’ll board the Desert Princess paddle-wheel steamboat for an approximate 90-minute cruise on Lake Mead. You’ll enjoy your deli-style lunch on board as you travel along Lake Mead and admire new views of Hoover Dam. On your way back to Las Vegas, you’ll stop at the Ethel M Chocolate Factory for a taste of chocolate.
Depending on local traffic, a 10-15 minute stop will be made at the iconic Welcome to Las Vegas sign for photo opportunities.
Please note: The listed price does not include a $5.00 per person processing fee, payable at the time of tour check-in
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Hoover Dam Tour With Lake Mead Cruise
- Approximately 90-minute Lake Mead Cruise
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Please note: The listed price does not include a $5 per person processing fee, payable at the time of tour check-in. The fee is required by our local supplier and is not within our control
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants 23 months and under are considered a lap child.
- Children ages 2 years and up require a seat
- This tour is not recommended for anyone who suffers from claustrophobia, or has a pacemaker or defibrillator. Tours are conducted in confined spaces and in a powerplant with generators emitting electromagnetic frequencies.
- This tour is handicap accessible. If you require a bus with a chair lift on it, your booking must be made at least 24 hours in advance to ensure that a bus is available. Please advise in the special requirements at checkout if you require a bus with a lift.
Reviewed by: Robert H, July 2014
only fault was it we where pushed for time between the tour finished and getting on the bus to get to lake mead for the lunch cruisewe had about 10 minutes between the tour finishing and getting on the bus, could have really done without the stop at the chocolate factory
Reviewed by: Selma Z, July 2014
I was in LV on short 4-days vacation with my friend. I always wanted to visit Hoover Dam, since I was a kid and this tour made a great experience. After checking few tours, we decided to do this one, cause the cruise was included. The whole tour was awesome, Dam visit, cruise and Chocolate factory. All in all my friend and I were really satisfied on the end. I can't remember the driver's name, he was awesome and fun and informative. Would recommend this tour as great way to do 3 things in one day :)