This tour is the ideal way to explore the favourite places associated with Beatrix Potter. We travel north alongside Lake Windermere to Waterhead where Beatrix spent many of her school holidays when she lived in London. From here we drive to her Hill Top farm, go into the shop, explore her garden and as an optional extra visit the house.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
- Ideal choice for families
- Popular choice with kids
You have the opportunity to go in the shop, explore her garden and as an optional extra visit the house. After exploring Beatrix Potter’s beautiful house we continue on to the medieval village of Hawkshead where you will have some time to explore this charming village. We drive through the renowned beauty spot of Tarn Hows before descending back to Windermere and Bowness.
- Beatrix Potter's Hill Top Farm
- A stop in Hawkshead
- Tarn Hows
- Cruise on Coniston Water
- Tour through Yewdale Valley
- Waterhead overlooking Lake Windermere
- Return to Windermere and Bowness
Beatrix Potter's Lakeland and Wordsworth Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Windermere Railway Station or accommodation in Windermere, Bowness-on-Windermere or Ambleside.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Hilltop Farm, England
- Lake Cruise
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan (maximum 16 people)
- Entrance fees to Hilltop
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Hilltop is closed every Friday and most Thursdays, however the gardens and shop are open
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.