Enjoy the sights of Kyoto on this morning tour. Visit Nijo Castle, marvel at the gold covered Kinkakuji Temple - Golden Pavilion, walk through Kyoto Imperial Palace - The emperor's residence until 1868 and enjoy buffet lunch at the Kyoto Handicraft Center, where you will also have the opportunity to make your own woodwork print.
- Instant Confirmation
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Buffet lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Nijo Castle - The Kyoto Residence of the Tokugawa Shogun built in 1603, Nijo Castle is noted for the contrast of its solemn appearance and gorgeous interiors.
Kinkakuji Temple (Golden Pavilion) - Kyoto's most popular temple is the home of perhaps the world's most authentic and exquisite Japanese Garden, as well as the celebrated Golden Pavilion.
Kyoto Imperial Palace - The ancient Imperial Palace clearly shows the Japanese taste for purity, simplicity and calmness. The residence of the Imperial family until the capital was relocated to Tokyo in 1868. View the Shishinden Imperial state chamber where enthronement ceremonies took place.
Kyoto Handicraft Center - Enjoy a buffet lunch and shopping at Kyoto Handicraft Center. After lunch, enjoy making your own woodblock print or cloisonné (enamel on metal) with assistance of the English-speaking staff at the Handicraft Center.
Your tour will conclude at the Kyoto Handicraft Center where a free shuttle service is provided to major Kyoto hotels.
Kinkakuji Temple - Golden Pavilion, Kyoto
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Selected Kyoto hotels
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Tour concludes at the Kyoto Handicraft Center. The Handicraft Center offers free shuttle services to major hotels at 3pm.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Kyoto Morning Tour - Golden Pavilion, Nijo Castle, Kyoto Imperial Palace including Lunch
- Hotel pickup (from selected Kyoto hotels only)
- Transportation by Motorcoach
- Admission Fees
- Buffet lunch at soft drink
- Handicraft Centeractivity (woodblock or cloisonné)
- English speaking guide
- Hotel drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- You will be asked for your full name, nationality, gender and age to follow the necessary procedures before entering Kyoto Imperial Palace
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays. During these dates, the tour will visit Kitano-tenmangu Shrine or Nishi Honganji Temple.
- Nijo Castle, will be closed every Tuesday in January, July, August and December. During these dates the tour will visit Ryoanji Temple, famed for its zen gardens and temple.
Terms and Conditions:
If you cancel at least 8 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.