2-Day Uluru (Ayers Rock) to Alice Springs Red Centre Explorer Tour
The majestic red dome of Uluru (Ayers Rock) and the many smaller domes of Kata Tjuta (The Olgas) have stood for thousands of years. You really need at least two days to appreciate the countless Dreamtime stories and the many colors and endless views of this special place - from the caves and rock paintings at the base of Uluru, to the Mutitjulu Waterhole and the 36 rocky domes of the Olgas.
- Multi-Day Trip
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Led by a local guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
This two-day independent coach tour includes meet and greet at Ayers Rock Airport with a transfer to your hotel, the highlights of Uluru (Ayers Rock), including an overnight at Ayers Rock Resort in your choice of accommodation. Experience the majesty of this monolith and the neighboring Kata Tjuta (Olgas), before traveling by luxury coach to Alice Springs.Day 1. Kata Tjuta, Uluru Sunset
Arrive at Ayers Rock Airport before 3.00pm and be transferred to your hotel Later in the afternoon visit the 36 immense rock domes of Kata Tjuta. Enjoy a guided walk into Walpa Gorge and marvel at the sheer walls that flank you as you enter the gorge. Then travel to sunset strip where you will enjoy a complimentary glass of wine as you admire the spectacular display of light and color as you watch an Uluru sunset.
Overnight: Choice of budget, superior or first class.
Day 2. Uluru Sunrise, Alice Springs
Rise early this morning and travel to Talinguru Nyakunytjaku viewing area to witness the sun rise over Uluru. Enjoy a cup of tea or coffee while being mesmerized by the changing hues of Uluru. After watching the sun rise, travel to Uluru to tour around the base with your guide. Then join a guided walk to Mutitjulu waterhole, see ancient rock art and hear stories of Aboriginal legends. Discover more about the cultures and traditions of the indigenous people at the Uluru-Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre. Then view Mt Conner rising above the desert plain as you travel to Alice Springs, arriving at 6.30pm.
Respecting Indigenous Culture
Visits to Indigenous sites may change at short notice, due to the cultural and ceremonial obligations. The Anangu (Aboriginal landowners) regard Uluru as a sacred site and strongly discourage climbing the rock.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour ends on your arrival into Alice Springs on Day 2, at approximately 7:30pm (April - September) and 7:00pm (October - March)
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Overnight in a budget hotel - Outback Pioneer Hotel, in a budget room
Overnight in a Superior hotel - Desert Gardens Hotel, in a standard room.
First Class Hotel
Overnight in a first class hotel - Sails in the Desert, in a standard room.
Uluru (Ayers Rock) to Alice Springs 2-Day Red Centre Explorer Tour
- Glass of wine at sunset
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- National Park fees
- Overnight accommodation at the Ayers Rock Resort at your choice of hotel category
- Airport transfers
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Maximum of 3 passengers per room. If you are traveling with a party of 4 travelers or more, you must make 2 separate bookings
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Disabled rooms are available on request. Please advise at time of booking if required.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
BUDGET : Outback Pioneer Hotel (budget room): The Outback Pioneer Hotel has a true outback, pioneering atmosphere that gives guests a real taste of traditional Australian hospitality. Cook up some outback delights on the barbecue or come and share a few yarns about your adventures in the Red Centre over a beer and some hearty bush tucker in the Bough House Restaurant.
SUPERIOR: Desert Gardens (standard room) : Enjoy the charm of the Desert Gardens Hotel where magnificent ghost gums and flowering native shrubs provide a distinct botanical theme. Set amidst the landscaped gardens, the hotel features a swimming pool and is close to the resort's shops and Visitors Centre. The hotel offers a range of stylish accommodation. Desert Gardens is the superior hotel at Ayers Rock Resort and is centrally located to all resort and touring facilities.
FIRST CLASS: Sails In The Desert (standard room): Sails in the Desert is the premier hotel at Ayers Rock Resort, with spacious, airy and exquisitely furnished rooms set in lush park-like grounds. Deriving its name from the distinctive sail-like structures, which provide shade and a touch of elegance to its design, Sails in the Desert is the ultimate in luxury in the Red Centre. Rooms are spacious and exquisitely furnished, all with private balcony or verandah. The hotel features a swimming pool, tennis court, mini golf and three restaurants.
Please note: Due to operational requirements, hotel lists are subject to change by the tour operator without notice.
If you cancel between 3 and 15 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Gary F, United Kingdom, October 2008
Reviewed by: Pui Lai C, Hong Kong, August 2008