Sydney Opera House and Sydney Symphony Orchestra Dinner Package
- Likely to Sell Out
Begin your evening with a guided tour of Sydney Opera House followed by a three course pre-theater dinner at Aria Restaurant. A performance by the Sydney Symphony Orchestra will complete your Red Carpet experience.
Ranging from treasured classics at the heart of the orchestral repertoire to galvanising contemporary works, the programs of the 2015 and 2016 season have something for everyone.
The Sydney Opera House was destined for greatness ever since it was opened in 1973. Easily Australia's most recognizable icon, the building is a UNESCO World Heritage listed site joining the likes of the Taj Mahal, the Statue of Liberty, the Great Wall of China and Egypt's pyramids as one of the world's 'must-see' travel attractions. Combining your visit with a performance by the Sydney Symphony Orchestra and dinner at one of Sydney's best restaurants simply makes for an unforgettable Sydney Opera House experience.
Refer to the 'View Additional Info' link below for the Concert Hall seating map
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
* Please note the below performances start at 7pm. Please contact your local operator directly to organize an earlier tour.
April 2016: 29, 30
May 2016: 16,
July 2016: 4, 11, 29, 30
October 2016: 7, 8, 17
November 2016: 26
December 2016: 1, 2, 3
* Please note the below performances start at 1:30pm or 2pm. Please contact your local operator directly to organize an earlier tour.
June 2016: 23, 25
* Please note the below performances start at 6:30pm. Please contact your local operator directly to organize an earlier tour.
June 2016: 16
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Aria & Premium Ticket
Guided tour of Sydney Opera House; 3-course dinner at Aria Restaurant; Premium seating for Sydney Symphony Orchestra Performance at Sydney Opera House
Aria & A Reserve Ticket
Guided tour of Sydney Opera House; 3-course dinner at Aria Restaurant; A Reserve seating for Sydney Symphony Orchestra Performance at Sydney Opera House
Aria & B Reserve Ticket
Guided tour of Sydney Opera House; 3-course dinner at Aria Restaurant; B Reserve seating for Sydney Symphony Orchestra Performance at Sydney Opera House
Sydney Opera House
- Personal "meet and greet" by Sydney Opera House Representative
- Guided tour
- 3-course dinner
- One of the best available seats in the House to a world-class Sydney Symphony performance
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
2015/2016 Performance Schedule:
Beethoven's Missa Solemnis
Experience Beethoven at his most visionary and inspirational with solo voices, a grand choir and full orchestra!
Beethoven said his Missa Solemnis was 'my greatest work'. He put his heart and soul into this music over a period of nearly four years ‐ well and truly missing his deadline along the way ‐ and the result is magnificent, ambitious and gloriously inspiring.
Performance dates: November 2015: 14, 16, 17
Audra McDonald Sings Broadway
The legendary Audra McDonald comes to dazzle Sydney with your favourite Broadway show tunes. Audra McDonald just won her sixth Tony Award and two Grammys, and we're thrilled to have enticed her to Sydney. Whether it's Rodgers & ammerstein, Irving Berlin, Ebb & Kander, Lerner & Loewe, Mancini, Sondheim or beyond, she can sing it all, bringing glamorous style to the classics and pizzazz to the latest shows.
Performance dates: November 2015: 6, 7
Thus Spake Zarathustra Edo de Waart Returns
Former chief conductor Edo de Waart returns to conduct signature music by Wagner and Strauss, and a spectacular showpiece for organ with Olivier Latry. Some of Edo de Waart's most exciting concerts with the SSO featured music by Wagner and Richard Strauss, and now he's back with more of that signature repertoire.
Performance dates: November 2015: 25, 27, 28
Edo Conducts Mozart & Elgar
Edo de Waart returns to Sydney with Elgar's First Symphony and music by Mozart and Ross Edwards. Ross Edwards believes that music has enormous therapeutic qualities: through music we find transformation and healing. And the enticing style of his White Ghost Dancing brings ritualistic rhythms and spiritual chanting to this final concert of the 2015 season
Performance dates: December 2015: 4
Romantic Memories: Dohnányi conducts Bruckner 4 (Classics and Film)
- Berg: Violin Concerto
- Bruckner: Symphony von Dohnanyi
Dohnányi conducts Brahms: An Australian Firs
- Lutoslawski: Funeral Music
- Berg: Seven Early Songs
- Brahms: Symphony No.2
Babe - Pig at the Symphony
A screening of the family favorite with Nigel Westlake's score played by the SSO.
April: 29, 30 (7pm performances)
Leningrad Symphony: Shostakovich
- P Stanhope: New work for cello and orchestra
- Tchaikovsky: Rococo Variations
- Shostakovich: Symphony No.7, Leningrad
- Die Schopfung: The Creation sung in German
Performance dates: May 2016: 5, 13, 14, 16 (7pm)
Lang Lang in Recital
- Tchaikovsky: The Seasons
- JS Bach: Italian Concerto
- Chopin: Scherzos
Performance dates: June 2016: 8, 10, 11
- Raskin: Laura
- Hermann: Psycho & Citizen Kane
- Korngold: The Adventures of Robin Hood
- Steiner: Casablanca
- Rozsa: Ben Hur
Performance dates: June 2016: 16 (6:30pm), 17, 18
Channel Crossings: Ravel and Vaughan Williams
- Bax: Tintagel
- Ravel: Piano Concerto in G
- Vaughan Williams: A London Symphony (Symphony No. 2)
Performance dates: June 2016: 23 (1:30pm), 24, 25 (2pm)
Romantic Fantasies: Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto (Classic with Film)
- Shostavovich: Festive Overture
- Tchaikovsky: Violin Concerto
- Berlioz: Symphonie fantastique
June 2016: 29
Jul 2016: 1, 2, 4 (7pm)
Mahler 4: Sounds of Heaven (Classics and Mixed Genre)
- Edwards: Frog and Star Cycle (Premiere)
- Mahler: Symphony No. 4
Performance dates: July 2016: 8, 11 (7pm)Raiders of the Lost Ark: Film with Live Orchestra (Classic with Film)
A screening of Raiders of the Lost Ark with John Williams’ score played by the Sydney Symphony Orchestra.
Performance dates: July 2016: 29, 30 (both 7pm performances)
The Rite of Spring - Primal (Classic with Film)
- Reich: The Desert Music
- Stravinsky: The Rite of Spring
The Firebird - Ravishing (Classics and Film)
- Sculthorpe: Sun Music I
- Szymanowski: Violin Concerto No.1
- Stravinsky: The Firebird – Ballet
Performance dates: August 2016: 10, 12, 13Pink Martini with the SSO (Classics and Mixed Genre)
Electric and exotic songs in jazz – classical style.
Performance dates: September 2016: 16, 17
Nelson Freire plays Shumann: Rachmaninoff's 2nd Symphony
- Beethoven: Coriolan Overture
- Schumann: Piano Concerto
- Rachmaninoff: Symphony No.2
Back to the Future: Film with Live Orchestra (Classics and Film)
A screening of Back to the Future with Alan Silvestri’s score played by the Sydney Symphony Orchestra.
Performance dates: October 2016: 7, 8 (both performances at 7pm)
Beethoven Heroic (Classics)
- Piano Concerto
- No.4, Symphony No. 3
Beethoven Pastoral (Classics)
- Piano Concerto No.3
- Symphony No.6
Beethoven Finale (Classics)
- Symphony No.2
- Symphony No.9 (choral)
Performance dates: October 2016: 26, 28, 29
Zukerman plays Tchaikovsky and Mozart (Classics)
- Tchaikovsky: Souvenir d’un lieu cher: Melodie Serenade melancoulique
- Mozart: Violin Concerto No. 3 in G, K216 (Strassburger)
- Tchaikovsky: Symphony No.4
Performance dates: November 2016: 10, 11, 12Dedications: Dvorak's Cello Concerto (Classics and Mixed Genre)
- Lutoslawski: Sacher Variation for solo cello
- Lutoslawski: Symphony No.3
- Dvořák: Cello Concert in B Minor
- Gershwin: Porgy and Bess
November 2016: 11 (7pm performance)
December 2016: 1, 2, 3, (7pm performances)
ARIA Pre-theatre Sample Dinner Menu:
Located on the doorstep of Sydney Opera House, ARIA combines the finest of food and wine, knowledgeable and friendly service with spectacular views of the Harbour Bridge, Circular Quay and of course the Opera House, making ARIA one of Sydney's ultimate dining restaurants.
The ARIA bar boasts an impressive private cellar providing the opportunity to sample some of Australia's rarest and the world's finest wines, with an elegant space for a relaxing drink before dining.
- Freshly shucked Sydney Rock Oysters. Half dozen, with thai basil and Banyuls dressing
- Heirloom carrots with green lentils, sheep milk yoghurt and sherry vinegar
- Scallops roasted with kimchi puree, silken tofu, steamed eggplant and tapioca crisps
- Peking duck consomme with duck dumplings, shaved abalone and mushrooms
- Kurobuta pork belly with pork croquette and caramelized apple
- Quinoa crusted celeriac with grilled baby leeks, fried camembert, fregola and salsa verde
- Crisp skin Barramundi with fzucchini, lemon and pine nuts
- Roasted fillet of salmon with fennel, orange and watercress
- Roast lamb rump with garlic soubise, baby fennel and mint gel
- Grass fed scotch fillet with lyonnaise potatoes, green asparagus with a bone marrow and cornichon sauce
- Brandy snap mille feuille with caramelised bananas, hazelnuts and salted caramel sauce
- Black currant jelly with poached peaches, quinoa tuille and vanilla ice cream
- Valrhona "Caramelin" mousse with candied cumquats, gold leaf and pecans
- Cheese plate. A selection of Australian and international cheeses
Reviewed by: Joseph C, July 2015
The guide was completely knowledgable and the back stage and inside your was absolutely wonderful. It was with a small group and felt private and personal.
Afterward the Aria Restaraunt was a fabulous way to begin a charming night of enjoying the arts as the symphony that followed was perfect!
Reviewed by: PABLO M, May 2015
The concert was great, as well as the tour and dinner.