Enjoy three nights stay at Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel located close to Lake Windermere. This comfortable hotel, formerly owned by Beatrix Potter is set in 6 acres of mature gardens and offers superb accommodation and fine dinning in it's award winning restaurant. Views over the lake and to the fells are spectacular anytime of the year.
- Multi-Day Trip
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- All-inclusive tour
Ten Lakes Spectacular tour covers Ten Lakes, three mountain passes and an extended lake cruise from the mountains to moorland on Ullswater - "Queen of the English Lakes", a beautiful waterfall, Castlerigg Stone Circle and the ancient township of Keswick for lunch. Certainly the most comprehensive, popular and satisfying tour in the Lake District, visiting central, north, north-west and north-east parts of Cumbria with so many stops for photographs and short walks.
Your short break also includes the Beatrix Potter's Lakeland and Wordsworth Tour. A visit to Hilltop farm is the highlight of this tour but lovers of Beatrix Potter know that her world extended throughout the Lake District, from Sawrey, Hawkshead, Tarn Hows and Yewdale in the south to Derwentwater and Newlands in the north and the head of the Troutbeck Valley in the east.
The tour also visits location used in the making of the "Miss Potter" movie staring Rene Zellweger. Likewise William Wordsworth traveled extensively throughout the Lake District and this tour is especially designed to visit particular places that can be associated with the areas two most famous literary figures. All will be explained during this wonderful 14 lakes and tarns tour with stops for photographs and short walks.
Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Windermere Railway Station, or Windermere, Bowness-on-Windermere or Ambleside accommodation
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel
- Lake cruise
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Luxury mini-coach transport
- Ten Lakes Spectacular tour
- Three breakfasts and two dinners
- Beatrix Potter's Lakeland and Wordsworth tour
- Three nights accommodation at Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Maximum tour group size is 16
- Please advise at time of booking if wheelchair access is required.
- Please Note: Hilltop is closed every Friday and most Thursdays, however the gardens and shop are open
- Not recommended for child aged 15 and under
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Itinerary:Day One: Arrival transfer to accommodation and free time
Day Two: Ten Lakes Spectacular tour
Day Three: Beatrix Potter's Lakeland and Wordsworth tour
Day Four: Free time and departure transfer from accommodation
- Troutbeck Village and Valley
- Kirkstone Pass - Lakeland's highest mountain pass
- Ullswater - lake cruise
- Castlerigg Stone Circle - 4,000 year old stone circle
- Ashness Bridge and Surprise View
- Keswick - stopover in town center for lunch
- Honister Mountain Pass
- Buttermere Valley and Crummock Water
- Newland Pass
- Moss Force Waterfall
- Beatrix Potter's Hilltop Farm - home of Peter Rabbit (40 minute stopover)
- Jeremy Fisher's Esthwaite Water
- Jemimah Puddleduck's village of Near Sawrey
- Squirrel Nutkin's Derwentwater
- Stunningly beautiful Tarn Hows
- Coniston Water - lake cruise
- Hawkshead Village and Wordsworth's Grammar School
- Ullswater - "Queen of the English Lakes"
- Aira Force Waterfall - the Lake District's most dramatic waterfall
- Castlerigg Stone Circle - the enigmatic ancient stone circle
- William Wordsworth's Dove Cottage
- Hawkshead - stopover in village for lunch (own expense)
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.