Rotorua Gondola with optional Luge Ride
Or, add a bit of excitement to your day by selecting the optional luge ride. You’ll whiz down the mountain on a three-wheeled cart, which has a unique braking and steering system that makes it fun and easy. There are three luge tracks to choose from, with six entry points: the scenic route with a leisurely 1.2-mile (2-kilometer) ride through a redwood forest; the intermediate track with chicanes, a tunnel and fabulous views over the city and lake; or the advanced track with tight turns, dips and a tunnel for a thrilling, adrenaline-pumping ride. Getting up and down a mountain has never been so much fun!
If you choose the Luge Option, you can ride the luge five times, and a chairlift will take you back to the top of the mountain between rides.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
9:00am to 8:00pm
April to October
9:00am to 5:00pm (Luge)
9:00am to 7.30pm (Gondola)
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Round-trip Gondola Ride
Gondola to the top of Mount Ngongotaha and return
Gondola and 5 Luge Rides
Gondola to the top of the mountain with 5 luge rides on three different tracks, with chairlift ride to the start point included
- Round-trip gondola ride to Mount Ngongotaha
- 5 luge rides on choice of three tracks (if option selected)
- Use of chairlift (if Luge Option selected)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 10 years to ride the advanced luge track
- Safety helmets and instructions provided to all luge riders
- Children under 6 years can ride in tandem with adult
Reviewed by: Keiron M, January 2014
great famliy day out get there early to avoid the qiews and dont forget the camera !!!
Reviewed by: Mehnaaz S, June 2013