Full-Day Milford Sound and Fiordland National Park Tour including Milford Sound Cruise and BBQ Lunch from Queenstown
Milford Sound is arguably the most scenic destination in New Zealand, a must-see for any traveler. This is a small group tour for travelers seeking a personalized trip to Milford Sound. You will be transported in a modern, fully air-conditioned 8 seater coach. As you begin your tour out of Queenstown we will travel south along the side of the amazing "Remarkables" mountain range and New Zealand's longest lake, Lake Wakatipu. From Te Anau the scenery really begins as we drive north along the lake. Lake Te Anau is the largest lake in the South Island.
- Instant Confirmation
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Upon entering the Fiordland National Park, the largest National Park in NZ, travel up along side the Eglington River to three mountain lakes at the head of the Eglington Valley. During this part of the journey you will make the first of our many sightseeing stops that also allow for some great photo opportunities. You have a couple of different locations for lunch and will endeavor to select the best spot on the day. With some fantastic walks in the area, this is a great opportunity to experience the beautiful alpine forest up close.
After lunch you head towards the Homer Tunnel, taking in some incredible mountain views while driving along side the crystal clear waters of the Hollyford river. Once through the Homer Tunnel, you'll wind the way down the Cleddau Valley. At this time you arrive in an area called Fiordland but are visiting a "Sound", the difference will be explained.
You link up with a scenic cruise at 2pm for a 1hour and 45 minute excursion on the fjord. As this is an 'off peak' period of the day, the boat is less crowded and the large boat allows for plenty of space to move about and enjoy the spectacular landscape and wilderness of Milford Sound. Complimentary tea and coffee is served while looking out for seals and dolphins!
Important Note: During the months of May to October the itinerary for this tour will be modified. In place of the BBQ lunch enroute to Milford Sound with a 2pm cruise, the tour will include a full scenic cruise at 1:00pm with a free hot buffet lunch on board the cruise boat.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from selected Queenstown hotels
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Returns to original departure point at approximately 8:00pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Milford Sound BBQ Bus with Milford Sound Cruise
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Cruise on the Milford Sound
- Opportunity for extended bush walks
- BBQ lunch at Cascade Creek inside the Fiordland National Park or a hot buffet lunch on board your Milford Sound Cruise if traveling in May, August September and October
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please bring walking shoes, warm clothes and rain jacket
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark