Select a datex
Whether you are a wine novice or expert, you’ll love this exquisite wine-tasting session in an elegant wine bar in central Paris. During your session, sample several diverse French wines while enjoying a platter of artisanal bread, cheese and charcuterie (depending on option selected). Led by an expert sommelier guide, you’ll receive an overview of the French wine regions, learn how to read a French wine label, and discover excellent wine-tasting techniques. Choose from four specially designed wine tastings to suit your preferences.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Led by a local guide
- Free drinks included
Relax in an elegant wine bar in central Paris and begin your French wine-tasting experience! With a professional sommelier, taste several award-winning French wines from different regions in France such as Sancerre, Champagne and Bordeaux. Learn about the history of French wine, how to read a wine label, and the different wine-making regions in France. You can also purchase any of your favorite wines at the end of your tasting.
You have four options to choose from:
• 1-hour wine tasting: During this simple introduction to French wine, learn expert wine-tasting techniques while sampling three carefully selected French wines.
• 1.5-hour wine tasting with cheese and charcuterie lunch: This more in-depth session includes a tasting of five French wines accompanied by artisanal bread, cheese and charcuterie (cured meats), such as smoked ham from southwestern France and saucisson (dried sausage) from Corsica. Your sommelier will take you through the different wine regions including Rhone, Bordeaux and Champagne. Learn the art of food and wine pairing and discover expert wine-tasting techniques.
• 2-hour wine and Champagne tasting: Join this wine tasting and enjoy six French wines from regions including Champagne, Sancerre and Rhône, accompanied by fresh bread. Explore the art of food and wine pairing; learn how to read a French wine label and navigate a wine list; and uncover the meanings of commonly used terms like 'terroir' and 'appellation.' Your sommelier will provide great tips and plenty of fun anecdotes, too!
• 2-hour grand cru wine tasting: During this ultimate wine-tasting experience, try six of France's greatest wines accompanied by a platter of delectable cheese and charcuterie. The six different wines, selected from some of the country’s best wineries, include grands crus (a classification of French wine denoting exceptionally high quality), premiers crus (the second-highest classification level) and older vintage wines, all boasting rich, complex flavors. Your sommelier will be on-hand to answer all your questions, and the content of the class will be tailored to meet your needs and preferences.
French Wine Tasting in Paris
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Wine bar located near the Louvre Museum.
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
1-hour introduction to French wine starting at 3pm; includes three wine tastings
1.5-hour wine tasting starting at 12:15pm; includes five wine tastings accompanied by bread, cheese and charcuterie
2-hour wine and Champagne tasting starting at 5pm; includes five wine tastings, Champagne and bread
2-hour grand cru wine tasting starting at 5:30pm; includes six wine tastings accompanied by bread, cheese and charcuterie
French Wine Tasting in Paris
- Wine tasting
- Professional sommelier
- Cheese, charcuterie and/or bread (if option selected)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- The number of participants in each wine tasting group varies between 6 and 25 people
- Minimum age is 18 years
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.