Chicago Architecture River Cruise
Book with us and save 8% off this same tour compared to what you'll pay on other major travel sites.
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Family friendly
- Fully narrated tour
- Great overview and orientation of the city
Pass by more than 40 distinctive buildings on your cruise including the John Hancock Center, the Wrigley Building, the Aon Center, Willis Tower (Sears Tower), the IBM Building and more. Your guide, an expert in architecture, will recount the two major events that helped shape the architectural history of the city. Learn about how the invention of balloon-frame construction revolutionized how homes were built, and hear the dramatic story of Chicago's rise from the Great Fire of 1871. Both of these milestones led Chicago to become one of the cradles of modern American architecture.
Along the scenic 75-minute route, see buildings by world-famous architects including Mies van der Rohe, Helmut Jahn and Skidmore, Owings and Merrill (SOM). This river tour provides the best advantage point to admire the distinct city skyline and marvel at world-famous architecture while learning about Chicago's fascinating history.
For a full list of Chicago architectural wonders seen on this tour, see the Itinerary section below.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tour Departs at 10am
Tour departs at 11:30am
Departs at 1:30pm
Departs at 3:15pm
Tour departs at 5pm
Architecture River Cruise in Chicago
- 75-minute guided architecture cruise of the historic Chicago River
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All boats have full restrooms, double-deck seating and a full bar
- Wheelchair accessible (except for upper decks)
- Navy Pier
- Lake Point Tower
- Aon Center
- John Hancock Center
- Cityfront Center
- Illinois Center
- NBC Tower
- Chicago Tribune Tower
- London Guarantee Building333 North Michigan Building
- 401 North Michigan
- Wrigley Building
- 35 East Wacker
- Leo Burnett Building
- IBM Building
- Marina City
- • RR Donnelley Center
- • LaSalle-Wacker Building
- • 222 North LaSalle
- • Central Office Building
- Merchandise Mart
- 333 West Wacker, Montgomery Ward Complex
- River Cottages, Merchandise Mart
- Fulton House
- 225 West Wacker
- Boeing World Headquarters
- Civic Opera Building
- AT&T Corporate Center
- USG Building
- Riverside Plaza
- Citicorp Center
- Willis Tower (Sears Tower)
- Chicago Board of Trade
- Central US Post Office
- US Post Office Central Processing and Distribution Center
- 311 South Wacker
- River City
Reviewed by: michael g, September 2014
1st time in Chicago, this is was an excellent way to see and learn about a wonderful city!
Reviewed by: Liz S, September 2014
Enjoyed the cruise, we heard a lot about the architecture of the buildings along the river, as well as some history of Chicago. I'd suggest wearing a hat since there is no shade.