Volcano National Park Small Group Twilight Tour
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Dinner included
- Led by a local guide
- Small-group tour
The region between these volcanoes is locally known as the Saddle and is home to some of the rarest plants and animals in the world. After a brief stop for lunch at Mauna State Park, we continue east towards Hilo. Before the final descent into Hawaii's second largest town, you'll stop to explore Kaumana Cave. This lava tube that once carried molten rock from Mauna Loa's upper rift zones to the ocean now provides for an excellent subterranean adventure.
Leaving Mauna Loa behind, we'll ascend to the summit of Kilauea inside Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Your professional guide will lead you through the must-see spots and hidden gems of this World Heritage Site and International Biosphere Preserve. As conditions change daily, your experience will be tailored to suit the current eruptive events.
The summit caldera, steam vents, cinder fields and native rainforests are all on the "must see" list. After exploring the natural wonders of the park, we'll head to Kalapana to witness the incredible power of lava as it enters the ocean at sunset. Also included in the evening's itinerary is a delicious sit-down dinner in the heart of Pahoa, a historic town that has maintained the rustic ambiance of an old plantation village.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
January 6- May 5: Departs at 10am to 10:45am
May 6- September 14: Departs at 10:30am to 11:15am
Exact pickup time will be advised upon reconfirmation
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Twilight Volcano Tour
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Entrance fees
- Walking staffs and flashlights
- Rainwear and daypacks
- Bottled Water
- Hot cocoa and cookies
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- This tour has a maximum of 12 passengers per van
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not recommended for child aged 7 and under
- Guests on this tour should not be physically challenged or unable to walk short distances of 0.5 to 1.5 miles on uneven and rocky terrain
Reviewed by: Frank R, July 2014
A great tour. It is long but it was interesting the entire day. This interest was enhanced greatly by Justin. He was an excellent tour guide and was completely professional all day.
Reviewed by: Proud Manitoban, July 2014
First class tour in every respect!
Hawaii Forest and Trail was fantastic to deal with. Lunch and supper included in the tour were both excellent.
Johnny was our guide - request him if you have the option. He is incredibly passionate about volcanos, and you will have an amazing day with him!