See Australia’s iconic natural monuments at sunrise and sunset! Watch the Australian outback desert come alive in a dramatic wash of color – see the rock domes of Kata Tjuta at sunrise and Uluru (Ayers Rock) at sunset! Enjoy an outback picnic breakfast and a sunset sparkling wine toast on these small group tours of Australia's two essential outback sights!
The 36 rock domes of Kata Tjuta and the massive, mystic red rock of Uluru (Ayers Rock) are Australia’s two best known attractions. This Best of Ayers Rock package takes you to both sights, on two separate tours, at the most awe-inspiring times of the day!
Following a late-afternoon walking tour around Ayers Rock, your guide will lead you to the best place to see Australia's iconic landmark in its most magnificent moments at sunset. Pour a glass of sparkling wine and watch the sunset at Ayers Rock. Your small group will toast this magical experience before returning to Ayers Rock Resort. (Accommodation not included)
The next day, you’ll return to the national park to see Kata Tjuta at sunrise. As dawn breaks over the horizon, Kata Tjuta’s rock domes dramatically change colors in the glow of the rising sun. After you’ve watched this astonishing, naturally occurring light show, you’ll be treated to an outback picnic breakfast. Listen for the sounds of outback creatures, as the Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park is a haven for Australia’s most famous fauna.
You can choose to take both tours in one day or spread them over two, and you can also schedule the tours in the opposite order, visiting Kata Tjuta first, should you choose to overnight at Ayers Rock for extra nights.
Special Offer! - Save 5% of the recommended retail price on two of our most popular Ayers Rock tours by booking this 2-day best of Ayers Rock package! - Book Now!
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:All Ayers Rock Resort hotels
- Day 1: Sunset Uluru depart between 2pm and 3:30pm depending on sunset
Day 2: Sunrise Kata Tjuta departs between 4:30am and 6:15am depending on sunrise
The local operator will confirm pick-up times on reconfirmation
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Sunset at Uluru
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Transport by air-conditioned 4WD
- 2 x 5 hour small group tours, maximum 12 participants
- Local guide
- Sparkling wine and nibbles at sunset
- Picnic breakfast at sunrise at Kata Tjuta
- National Park Entry Fee (A$25 payable direct)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.