Yosemite National Park Day Trip from San Francisco
Get out of town! Exchange the big-city charms of San Francisco for the fresh air and natural beauty of Yosemite, California's most famous national park. Choose to start your time in Yosemite with a reserved lunch at the renown Ahwahnee Dining Room or head straight to the park to begin your adventure. Take a walking tour of the park with your knowledgeable guide or strikeout on your own. You'll have around four hours within Yosemite to explore the scenic wonders of Yosemite Valley.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All entrance fees included
Begin your journey with hotel pickup by luxury bus or van complete with posh amenities like hardwood style floors in the bus. After crossing the San Francisco Oakland Bay Bridge, you'll travel through the Great Central Valley and into the Sierra foothills, where the Forty-Niners panned for gold.
Following the beautiful Merced River to the Sierra Nevada Mountains, you'll enter Yosemite National Park. Glaciers cut through these mountains, forming the spectacular granite monuments you'll see throughout the park. There are many sights and activities to keep you occupied. Visit the Ansel Adams art gallery or rent a bike (own expense). Spend time at the visitor's center to learn more about this beautiful park or head to the ranger's station for engaging walks and talks. Watch basket-weaving and beading demonstrations in the Indian Village of Ahwahnee or take a stroll along the Merced River. You'll have approximately four hours to spend in the park.
If you select the lunch option, you'll enjoy a prearranged lunch at the famous Ahwahnee Dining Room before exploring the park. Lunch includes an Italian sandwich with potato salad and an ice cream dessert. After lunch, you'll rejoin your guide for a hike to the base of Yosemite Falls or you may choose to adventure on your own. You'll have approximately three hours to explore the park with or without your guide.
Highlights on your Yosemite National Park day trip include:
- San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge
- Sierra Nevada Range
- El Capitan
- Bridalveil Falls
- Vernal Falls
- Merced River
- Yosemite Falls
- Cathedral Spires
- Half Dome
At 4 pm, reconvene and head back to San Francisco, driving through the Stanislaus National Forest, with a feeling of fulfillment having seen one of the worlds greatest wonders.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Please note, if you are staying at Fisherman's Wharf hotels please make your own way to the departure point of 2627 Taylor Street. Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to tour departure time
Cruise ship passengers: Please make your way to 2627 Taylor Street, 10-minute walk from the cruise ship terminal
Please note: Additional departure times may be scheduled during busy periods. You must call 24 hours prior to tour date to reconfirm your departure time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Day Trip Only
Yosemite National Park day trip
USD $139.99Pricing details
Day Trip with Lunch
Yosemite National Park day trip including lunch at the Ahwahnee Dining Hall
USD $159.99Pricing details
Visit beautiful Yosemite
- Transport by luxury motorcoach or van
- Guided tour
- Lunch (if option selected at time of booking)
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Additional food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Buses are air conditioned and the size of the bus depends on the number of passengers booked for that particular day. Vehicle will either be 15-passenger van or 31-passenger bus
- Fold-able wheelchairs can be accommodated but customer must provide
- If you select the Lunch option and have any dietary restrictions, please advise in the 'Special Requirements' field at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Reviewed by: Mrs R C, November 2015
Be prepared for a long day if you take this trip as it is four and a half hours on the coach each way. That said, it was worth every minute of it. Yosemite is absolutely breathtaking and we were lucky enough to see it with bright blue skies and sunshine, with a dusting of snow .... totally magical. Our driver was Manny and he had a wealth of knowledge to share with us and knew all the best places to pull over to take photos. He was friendly too and made the day hugely enjoyable. Would thoroughly recommend this trip.
Reviewed by: Nick, United Kingdom, November 2015
Everything about this tour was great. Obviously Yosemite is just beyond description. The tour was fantastic, the driver excellent and knowledgeable. The journey doesn't seem to take that long because of the interesting commentary from the driver/guide and the changing scenery along the way. I will definitely do this again if I get the chance.