Everything you'll need to see in San Francisco and at your own pace! From Alcatraz to modern San Francisco architecture, this tour covers the beauty and culture of the Bay Area. Complete with live narration, this is a fantastic and easy way to see all the sights San Francisco has to offer.
The hop-on-hop-off tour is taken on the most modern, comfortable and environmentally friendly double-decker buses in the city and is a fantastic and easy way to see all the sights the city has to offer over 2 memorable days.
Return ferry and admission to Alcatraz is included in the ticket price and your bus will conveniently drop you off right in front of the ferry landing in good time for your visit to 'The Rock'! Here you can take the award-winning audio tour and learn about the famous escape from Alcatraz, the prison's notorious inmates and much more!
Design your own itinerary of San Francisco on this hop-on hop-off double-decker bus tour. Tickets are valid for 2 days and there are numerous stops with multiple attractions and landmarks for you to explore. You can hop on and off the tour as many times as you like aboard the open-top double-decker bus. In the summer, the top deck is open and in the winter, clear screens shelter you from the cold and offer unobstructed views of the city.
Jump on the ferry to discover where some of the most notorious inmates were incarcerated at Alcatraz, one of San Francisco's most popular attractions. This penitentiary, formally known as "The Rock", is famous for having housed ruthless criminals such as Al Capone (Scarface) and Machine Gun Kelly.
The total duration of the loop is approximately 1.5 hours
Stop highlights are listed below in the Itinerary
San Francisco Hop-on Hop-off Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from any stop.
- Bus Schedule:
November 1-November 23: every 30 minutes; 9am-4pm from Union Square
November 24-December 31: every 20 minutes 8:30am-5pm Union Square
January 1-April 14: every 30 minutes; 9am-4pm from Union Square
April 15-October 31: every 20 minutes 8:30am-5pm from Union Square
The Alcatraz portion of the tour is required on the first selected tour date. You will be advised of the tour time upon reconfirmation.
Please Note: The Alcatraz time will be booked for you in advance and is not changeable. Please allow for flexibility in your schedule for the first day of your tour.
Last bus departs at 5:30pm from Fisherman's Wharf
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Hop-on hop-off city sightseeing tour
- Alcatraz tour with audio (multilingual)
- Professional driver
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Ferry ticket to Alcatraz
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 10 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- The Alcatraz portion of the tour is required on your first selected tour date.
- The time of your Alcatraz Tour will be provided upon reconfirmation
- The Alcatraz time will be booked for you in advance and is not changeable. Please allow for flexibility in your schedule for the first day of your tour.
- Date changes are not permitted once confirmation is received
- Wheelchair accessible. However, passengers in a wheelchair can be accommodated only if they can get on and off the bus on their own and if the wheelchair is foldable. The driver is not permitted to assist handicapped persons due to insurance restrictions. Please note, there is a Tram providing transport for handicapped persons on Alcatraz Island
- Buses are air conditioned and the size of the bus depends on the number of passengers booked for that particular day. There are 48, 28, 39, 47 and 50 seater vehicles
- The Alcatraz portion usually takes 1.5 hours to complete, with its audio tour consisting of approximately 45 minutes. You are advised to inquire on your arrival to the island as to what time the next guided tour will begin. There is no restriction on the amount of time you spend on the Island. The ferry boat service departs Alcatraz every 30 minutes and you can disembark at your own leisure.
- Please note: some stop locations may differ. Ask staff aboard bus if this is the case on your selected date of travel
- The hop-on hop-off portion is good for 2 days; the Alcatraz portion is valid for 1 of these 2 days
Hop-on hop-off stops include:
STOP 1 - Fisherman's Wharf / Information Center
Corner of North Point & Taylor St.
Home to San Francisco's fishing fleet. The old factories and warehouses that once dotted the wharf have now been converted into great shops and restaurants.The Cannery at Del Monte Square - Shops and restaurants. Ghirardelli Square - Chocolate lovers paradise, great shops and restaurants. San Francisco Maritime Historic Park at Hyde Street Pier and Aquatic Park, the famous Cable Cars on Hyde Street hill.
STOP 2 – Cow Hollow
Lombard Street @ Gough (in front of Town House Motel)
Convenient stop for hotels on Van Ness and Lombard. Walking distance from the "crookedest street in the world."
STOP 3 - Golden Gate Bridge
South Vista Point
Great views of San Francisco’s skyline, Alcatraz island, and the span of the bridge over the entrance of San Francisco Bay. Access point to walk the Bridge.
STOP 4 - Golden Gate Park / California Academy of Sciences
Concourse Drive, in front of Academy of Sciences (Sundays and Holidays: 8th Ave. & Fulton)
Music Concourse and Cultural Heart of Golden Gate Park. See the De Young Museum, the California Academy of Sciences, the Botanical and Japanese Tea Gardens. Also nearby, boat rentals at Stow Lake.
STOP 5 - Haight-Ashbury
Haight Street @ Stanyan (in front of McDonald's)
Eclectic district, famous for its role in the 1960’s Hippie Movement. Still a center for bohemian culture, it is lined with one of a kind shops, trendy cafes, bars and restaurants.
STOP 6 - Alamo Square
Hayes Street, just before Scott Street
Alamo Square Park, spectacular views of the city skyline, and the famous Painted Ladies, a row of beautiful Victorian homes, make this a must hop stop.
STOP 7 - Civic Center Plaza
City Hall (at McAllister and Van Ness)
Featuring the Beaux-Arts City Hall with its massive gold leaf covered dome, the War Memorial Opera House, Davies Symphony Hall, and the Asian Art Museum.
STOP 8 - Hilton Hotel
At corner of Taylor and Ellis
Walking distance to Westfield Shopping Center and Market Street’s Muni and Bart stations.
STOP 9 - Union Square
Geary Street @ Powell (across from Macy’s)
Central Shopping and Theatre District –featuring department stores, upscale boutiques, art galleries, salons, grand hotels, and repertory theatres. Westfield Centre and Cable Cars.
STOP 10 - Chinatown Gate
Grant Street @ Bush – across from Chinatown Gate
“The Dragon Gate” entry to Chinatown. Also, San Francisco’s very own quaint French Quarter.
STOP 11 - Barbary Coast / Chinatown
Kearny Street, between Clay & Washington (across from Portsmouth Square)
Where Chinatown meets the Financial District and the Barbary Coast.
STOP 12 - North Beach / Little Italy
Columbus Avenue @ Powell
Enjoy cultured café’s, restaurants, and gelaterias. Walk to Coit Tower, the worlds “crookedest street”, and Saints Peter and Paul Cathedral.
STOP 13 - Alcatraz Landing
On the Embarcadero - Between Pier 35 and Pier 33
Departure point of the Ferries and Tours to the infamous Alcatraz Island.
STOP 14 - Pier 39 / Aquarium of the Bay
Pier 39 pullout (during special events corner of Beach & Stockton across from “F” Muni stop)
Fisherman’s Wharf’s number one destination – enjoy restaurants, souvenir shop, a world class aquarium, and the San Francisco Sea Lions.
Terms and Conditions:
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.