It's the most exhilarating, entertaining and enlightening way to see San Francisco - the first-ever GPS-guided storytelling car! The clever talking car navigates for you and points out the sights that bring San Francisco to life. Experience what the press is buzzing about, what visitors rave about and what Time Magazine has nominated "as one of the coolest inventions of the year".
Please Note: Prices are listed for two people to rent one GPS-guided GoCar.
This custom narrated tour guided by GPS is the only tour of its kind in the nation. It takes you on an unforgettable journey around this beautiful city. The directions are clear, concise and informative, providing a unique experience for tourists and locals alike.
Exploring San Francisco is easy and fun with GoCar. you can choose to follow the designated route, or make up your own tour of the city. There are well over 50 historical points and landmarks along the guided tour including:
- Crissy Field
- Golden Gate Bridge and Fort Point
- Presidio with Ocean View
- Ocean Beach
- Golden Gate Park and Stowe Lake
- Inspiration Point
- Drive through Presidio
- Palace of Fine Arts
- Lombard Street
Special Offer! - Book now and save almost 10% per hour on the recommended retail rate! - Book Now!
GPS-guided Talking Tour Cars
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tour departs from Union Square ( or Fisherman's Wharf upon request)
- Monday to Thursday: between 8am - 5pm
- Friday to Sunday: between 8am - 12pm
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
1-hour rental per vehicle. Maximum 2 passengers. Pickup GoCar from Beach Street location
1-hour rental per vehicle. Maximum 2 passengers. Pickup GoCar from Union Square location
2-hour rental per vehicle. Maximum 2 passengers. Pickup GoCar from Beach Street location
2-hour rental per vehicle. Maximum 2 passengers. Pickup GoCar from Union Square location
3-hour rental per vehicle. Maximum 2 passengers. Pickup GoCar from Beach Street location
3-hour rental per vehicle. Maximum 2 passengers. Pickup GoCar from Union Square location
All day rental per vehicle. Maximum 2 passengers. Pickup GoCar from Beach Street location
All day rental per vehicle. Maximum 2 passengers. Pickup GoCar from Union Square location
GPS-guided Talking Tour Cars
- Rental of GPS touring car
- Rider orientation
- Tank of gas
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW), approximately $19
- 8.5% sales tax, payable on day of travel
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Cars accommodate two passengers
- Pickup location must be chosen at time of booking. This is the location where your GoCar will be reserved
- Drivers must be aged 21 years or older and must present a valid drivers license. Passenger age is at the discretion of parent/guardian
- All renters must be able to read, understand and sign a liability release and waiver form
- Supplier requires a USD$400.00 security deposit day of rental. If opting for CDW purchase, the security deposit required is only USD$150.00
- Foreign language options are available in French, Spanish, Italian and German
- For the safety and comfort of passengers the maximum height is 6'4" (1.9m) and maximum combined weight of 500 lbs (226.8 kg) for two passengers
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Yes, you set your own pace. The car always knows where you are and you can park anywhere you want (motorcycle parking or car parking) for as long as you want, and as soon as you start to drive again, the car will begin to talk!
Do you have to stay on the tour?
Absolutely not! If there is a San Francisco sight you wish to see but is not yet included on the tour, just use the map provided to navigate your own way through the city streets. You can even put a CD in the stereo and enjoy music along the way!
Are controlled with a motorcycle-style handle, throttle, and hand brakes. The 3-wheeled cars seat two and have a lockable trunk for your things. Their small size makes parking a breeze, and in San Francisco - a major bonus!
How fast does the car go?
Up to 35-mph. Note that drivers in San Francisco do not typically drive fast, therefore an average speed of 30-mph or less can be expected while driving.
Can you cross the Golden Gate Bridge?
No, but the tour will navigate you to Fort Point. Here the bridge soars about 200-feet above your head. It is possible to gain pedestrian access to the bridge span from the car park at the bridge vantage point.
What is a CDW?
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) is an optional form of insurance similar to rental car insurance that limits your liability in case of accident. It is non-refundable. If you opt to purchase the CDW your deposit for rented a GoCar is only USD$150.00 instead of USD$400.00
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.