Take a morning or afternoon tour of the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel - and jump the queue by booking ahead. You'll enjoy a mini coach tour of Rome en route to the Vatican and see Michelangelo's famous Sistine Chapel frescoes, without wasting time waiting in line.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Hotel pickup included
- Led by a local guide
- Skip the line
- All entrance fees included
To start your morning tour of the Vatican Museums, you'll take a coach tour across Rome. Your city tour includes a live commentary and offers a brief introduction to Rome as you travel by bus to Vatican City. Highlights en route include Piazza della Repubblica, following the ancient Aurelian Walls, the famous Villa Borghese gardens and the northern gate of Rome leading into Piazza del Popolo.
Upon arrival, your guide will lead you into the museums. You'll see the beautiful spiral stairway and continue through the Gallery of Tapestries and Gallery of Geographical Maps, before arriving at the famous Sistine Chapel with its magnificent fresco of the Last Judgment by Michelangelo.
After your tour, you also have the option to indulge in an Italian lunch (drinks not included) before taking a guided tour of Christian Rome in the afternoon. Highlights include the Basilicas of Santa Maria Maggiore and Saint John in Lateran, and traveling along the ancient Appian Way to see Rome's Catacombs.
Spiral stairway in the Vatican Museum
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tour departs from a central Rome meeting point. A short walk from Termini Railway Station. Hotel pickup available from selected Rome hotels.
Return Details:Returns to original departure point. It is possible to be dropped off at Via Veneto, Barber Arberini Square, Venezia Square, Repubblica Square. Please ask the guide on the day of travel.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Half-day morning tour of Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel (3 hours). Departs at 8am
Full-day tour with Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel in morning; Basilicas of Santa Maria Maggiore, St John in Lateran. Departs at 8am
Full-day tour with Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel in morning; Basilicas of Santa Maria Maggiore, St John in Lateran, including lunch. Departs at 8am
Half-day afternoon tour of Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel (3 hours). Departing at 2:30pm
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel Tour
- Guided walking tour inside the Vatican Museums
- Vatican Museums entrance tickets
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup from selected hotels only
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- By pre-booking this tour it enables you to skip the long lines (which can take up to two hours!) to enter the Vatican Museums.
- Visitors must pass through metal detectors at the security check point. Please expect to wait 20-30 minutes to clear security.
- A dress code is required to enter the Vatican Museums and knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. This dress code is strictly enforced and you will be refused entry if you fail to comply with requirements
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.