Select a datex
Enjoy a morning or afternoon of Vatican splendor on a 2-hours skip-the-line tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St Peter’s Basilica. Explore the Gallery of Maps, Gallery of the Tapestries and Giuseppe Momo’s spiral staircase, and admire iconic Michelangelo frescoes inside the Sistine Chapel. Want to see the Christian sights of Rome, too? Upgrade to a full-day tour to visit the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore, Roman catacombs and more! A traditional lunch can also be included.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Hotel pickup included
- Led by a local guide
- Skip the line
- All entrance fees included
Morning or Afternoon Tour:
Choose from a morning or afternoon tour, and then board your air-conditioned coach near Rome Termini Station or at your centrally located hotel. Travel the short journey to Vatican City in comfort, passing alongside sites like Piazza del Popolo and the ancient Aurelian Walls.
Hop off your coach and skip past the long entrance lines with your priority-access ticket to enter the Vatican Museums. The complex is home to one of the world’s largest collections of art, featuring an extensive array of treasures amassed by the Vatican popes. Follow your guide down Giuseppe Momo’s bronze spiral staircase – an iconic Vatican attraction – and then visit two of the museum’s star attractions: Gallery of the Tapestries and Gallery of Maps.
Admire the Flemish tapestries that adorn the walls of the first room, and learn how they were based on paintings by students of the Renaissance supremo Raphael. Gaze in wonder at the detailed topographical maps inside the Galley of Maps, and then leave the museum area to walk into the Sistine Chapel. Talking is not permitted inside the sacred site, so walk around at leisure and marvel at its two Michelangelo frescoes – The Creation of Adam and The Last Judgement.
Finish your tour with a walk around St Peter’s Basilica, the home of the Catholic Church. Admire more artistic treasures like Michelangelo’s La Pieta sculpture and Bernini’s Baldachino, and hear little-known stories about the church’s history. Head back to your coach and make use of a drop-off at your hotel or one of several central locations in town.
Full-Day Tour or Full-Day Tour with Lunch:
Upgrade to the Full-Day Tour to combine the Morning Tour with a Christian Rome walking tour in the afternoon. If you opt to include lunch, your guide will drop you off at a traditional restaurant in the center for a delicious 2-course meal with a drink.
Meet your guide at the pre-arranged time, and set off to see the Christian landmarks of Rome. Walk around Esquiline Hill, the largest of the ancient Seven Hills of Rome, and head inside the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore – a lovely 5th-century church on the summit. After exploring inside, stroll to the Holy Stairs (Scala Santa) and stop for photos by Lateran Palace, an old papal residence.
Visit the Basilica of San Giovanni with your guide, and then continue walking along the Ancient Appian Way, a historical road that dates back to around 300 BC. The lane is home to several pretty churches and catacombs (underground cemeteries), and your guide will point out several of the best. See the Chapel of Domine Quo Vadis, and then visit one of the three famous catacombs: San Callisto, Domitilla or San Sebastiano. After exploring underground, visit the old spa ruins at the Baths of Caracalla, and then finish your tour with a hotel drop-off or a drop-off in town.
See the spiral stairs in the Vatican Museums
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Central Rome, near Termini Station. Alternatively, a hotel pickup service is available from select Rome hotels
Return Details:Returns to original departure point. Alternatively, drop-offs are available at Via Veneto, Barber Arberini Square, Piazza Venezia, Piazza Cavour, Piazza della Repubblica, Termini Station and Termilan GLT. Simply ask your guide on your day of travel.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
3-hour Vatican tour, starting at 8am
3-hour Vatican tour, starting at 2:30pm
Full-day tour, comprising 3-hour Vatican tour (starting at 8am) and 3-hour afternoon tour
Full-day tour, comprising 3-hour morning Vatican tour (starting at 8am), lunch and 3-hour afternoon tour
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel Tour
- Professional guide
- Round-trip transport from Rome to Vatican City
- Skip-the-line Vatican entrance ticket
- Lunch (if option selected)
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- By pre-booking this tour it enables you to skip the long lines (which can take up to two hours) to enter the Vatican Museums.
- Visitors must pass through metal detectors at the security check point. Please expect to wait 20-30 minutes to clear security.
- A dress code is required to enter the Vatican Museums and knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. This dress code is strictly enforced and you will be refused entry if you fail to comply with requirements
- Do you cater to wheelchair users? Do you or the Vatican provide wheelchairs? This tour is NOT wheelchair accessible. For your information, Vatican Museums provide wheelchairs free of charge in the main lobby. You can easily pick one up after entrance, before starting your own independent visit. If you are looking for a guided tour with wheelchair access, we recommend booking our private tours so a guide can lead you through the alternate routes.
- This tour is not recommended for people with walking difficulties
- Please note: If St Peter's Basilica cannot be visited because it is closed, you will spend more time in the Vatican Museums
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.