Select a datex
Enjoy four days in England’s beautiful Lake District! You’ll stay three nights at Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel, located near Lake Windermere. This comfortable hotel, formerly owned by Beatrix Potte,r is set in six acres of mature gardens and offers superb accommodation and fine dining in its award- winning restaurant. Views over the lake and to the fells are spectacular at any time of the year.
- Multi-Day Trip
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Rail Tour
- All-inclusive tour
Your four-day Lake District Discovery includes the Ten Lakes Spectacular tour on day two and the High Mountain Passes Spectacular Tour on day three. This tour focuses on the Western Lake District and is certainly an adventure! Over the Wrynose and Hardknott passes, the steepest in England, you'll stop to view the extraordinary remains of Hardknott Roman Fort'1,000 feet (305 meters)up on the feels.
Walk through the fort and see the spectacular view to Upper Eskdale, Scafell and Scafell Pike, England’s highest mountains. You will embark on the famous miniature Ravenglass and Eskdale railway before breaking for lunch at a traditional country inn. In the afternoon your tours continues towards "Britain’s Favourite View", Wastwater; England’s deepest and most dramatic lake.
The final destination is the splendid 14th-century Muncaster Castle surrounded by its internationally acclaimed gardens and famous attraction the World Owl Trust.
The beautiful scenery of the Coniston Fells and Coniston Water bring to an end this classic Lake District tour.
Admire the spectacular scenery at Derwent Water
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Windermere Railway Station, or Windermere, Bowness-on-Windermere or Ambleside accommodation
- Hotel check in on day is from 3pm
Return Details:Check out from your hotel at 11am on day 3
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
4-Day Lake District Discovery
- Railway Trip
- 14th Century Castle Grounds and World Owl Trust
- Lake cruise
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Luxury mini-coach transport
- Ten Lakes Spectacular tour
- Three breakfasts and three dinners
- The High Adventure - High Mountain Passes Spectacular tour
- 3-nights accommodation at Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Maximum tour group size is 16
- Please advise at time of booking if wheelchair access is required
- Not recommended for child aged 15 and under
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Dress code in the hotel restaurant is smart casual
- The check in time at your hotel on day 1 is 3pm, please time your arrival for after this time
Arrival transfer to accommodation and free time
Ten Lakes Spectacular tour
The High Adventure - High Mountain Passes Spectacular tour
Free time and departure transfer from accommodation
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.