Waitomo Caves and Rotorua Day Trip from Auckland
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- All entrance fees included
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Lunch included
Next stop is the the Agrodome for a hands-on Kiwi farming experience. You'll see sheep mustering by highly trained dogs, sheep shearing demonstrations and receive an insight into the history of dairy farm milking. Don't miss the opportunity to milk a cow, feed young animals or even be photographed with a huge bull!
Then it's on to the famous Te Whakarewarewa Thermal Reserve to see the renowned silica terraces, bubbling mud pools and unique geothermal vegetation. Exploding from the ground up to 100 feet (30 meters) high is the world-famous Pohutu Geyser, which bursts into life 10-20 times a day and has been a visitor attraction since the early 1900s.
You'll also visit the Maori Arts and Crafts Institute, to see how traditional carvings and weaving record history and customs in the Maori sacred meeting houses.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
SkyCity Travel Center
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Returns to Auckland at approximately 8:15pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Return to Auckland
Full-day tour from Auckland returning to Auckland at 8:10pm
Concludes in Rotorua
Full-day tour from Auckland concluding in Rotorua at 5pm
Waitomo Caves, New Zealand
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entry and guided tour of Waitomo Caves
- Entry to the Agrodome
- Entry to Whakarewarewa Thermal Reserve and the Maori Arts and Crafts Institute
- Light refreshments
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant are free provided they do not occupy a seat
- All tours are operated by a luxury 4 star coach with on board toilet
Reviewed by: acuba, October 2014
Amazing! A must!
Reviewed by: Terry H, September 2014
This was a full on day which was brilliant. Seen so much of the countryside on the journey and Reece our tour guide was fantastic. Both the caves and Rotorua were great to see. Especially enjoyed the Maori welcome in Rotorua. Lunch which was supplied was yummy, as were the snacks we had.