Sail on a felucca to the Botanic Gardens on Kitchener Island with the company of a qualified Egyptologist guide. Enjoy the peace and tranquility of the island and the freedom of setting your own itinerary with the luxury of a private tour.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
From your vantage point on the felucca you will see Agha Khan Mausoleum, situated on the top of a hill, commanding a magnificent view of Aswan area. On the West Bank the desolate hillside is dotted with the Tombs of the Nobles which your qualified Egyptologist guide will give a brief history of as you sail by.
Your felucca ride to Kitchener Island takes around 20 minutes, depending on wind speed and Nile currents, and on arrival your guide will accompany you to Aswan Botanic Gardens. Visit the small botanical museum before strolling through the tranquil gardens which are home to many exotic species of plants and trees imported from all around the world. The Aswan Botanic Gardens are a quiet and peaceful oasis from the hustle and bustle of everyday Egyptian life, and young couples and families from Aswan often spend their day enjoying the island.
Returning to your felucca you will return to Aswan's East Bank, riding the currents and winds on a relaxing sail with the expertise and knowledge of your local felucca captain!
Felucca on the Nile River, Aswan
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Aswan hotels or Port area
- 9:00am (later departures are available until 3:00pm if required, please advise at time of booking)
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
West Bank, Aswan
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Entrance fees
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel/port pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.