Best Venice Shore Excursion: Small-Group Best of Venice Walking Tour and Grand Canal Taxi Ride
Keen to see more? Upgrade to include a two-hour tour of Doge's Palace, where you'll see the palace's magnificent public rooms, as well as the Piombi attic prison, which offers rare and limited access to the public.
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Small-group tour
Next, enjoy a small-group walking tour of top Venice attractions and hidden gems. See the external Bovolo staircase, and pass the former home of Marco Polo. Hear about his adventures, and stroll through the lively Campo San Luca and Campo SS Giovanni Paolo squares. Then it’s on to the beautiful Goldoni Theatre, Venice's much-loved opera house, before you reach Rialto Bridge.
Your tour finishes in St Mark's Square. The famous piazza is home to two iconic Venice sights – Doge's Palace and St Mark's Basilica – and your guide will entertain you with tales of both. You'll skip the line outside St Mark's Basilica, and head straight in for a tour.
Upgrade to include a tour of Doge's Palace:
If the tales of Doge's Palace aren't enough to satisfy your curiosity, then upgrade! You can include a unique two-hour Doge's Palace tour in the morning, allowing you to see the magnificent public rooms and the rarely seen Piombi attic prison. Learn about the dark deeds of the Venetian doges, and see the attic prison where Giancomo Casanova was once held captive. Your tour ends at the New Prisons, connected to the palace by the Bridge of Sighs.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your excursion ends with ample time for you to return to the Venice port for your ship’s departure. In the extremely unlikely event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour Only: 2.30pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tour Only 2.30pm
Small-group Best of Venice walking tour and Grand Canal water taxi ride
USD $105.73Pricing details
Tour Including Doge's Palace
Small-group Best of Venice walking tour and Grand Canal water taxi ride, plus 2-hour Doge's Palace tour
USD $163.20Pricing details
Venice Shore Excursion: Small-Group Best of Venice Walking Tour and Grand Canal Taxi Ride
- Skip-the-line entrance fees to St Mark's Basilica
- Entrance fees to Doge's Palace (if upgrade option selected)
- Professional guide
- Water taxi ride
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Backpacks, tripods and big umbrellas must be left inside a cloakroom on entering St Mark's Basilica. To reduce any disruption for your group, we recommend that backpacks are not taken on this tour
Reviewed by: MIGUEL Q, July 2015
It was beautiful we had a great time. Thank you.
Reviewed by: Keith L, June 2015
Our guide Elena spelling correctly? was fabulous! She was very knowledgeable about the sites we saw but also a local Venetian who could give us a glimpse into local life. The trip was broken Into three parts: extensive canal tour, Basicala and walking tour. Each was fascinating in its own right. Highly recommend this tour