Select a datex
Discover the beautiful wilderness on Sydney's doorstep on a day trip to the World Heritage-listed Blue Mountains. Enjoy spectacular views over the Megalong Valley from Echo Point, and see the Three Sisters rock formations at Katoomba. Experience Aboriginal culture at the Waradah Aboriginal Centre, and meet kangaroos and koalas in the natural bush setting of Featherdale Wildlife Park. This scenic Sydney day tour also takes you over the iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge and past the stadiums of Olympic Park, site of the 2000 Olympics.
- Instant Confirmation
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All entrance fees included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
Your tour begins with pickup from selected Sydney hotels, then takes you on a scenic drive over the stunning Sydney Harbour Bridge, through western Sydney to the World Heritage-listed beauty of the Blue Mountains.
Follow the winding Cliff Drive on your journey into the Blue Mountains National Park, where your first stop is Echo Point. Overlooking the rocky outcrops and eucalypt forests of the Megalong Valley, from Echo Point you can see right across the valley to the Three Sisters rock formation at Katoomba. While taking in the views, enjoy a commentary on the Aboriginal legends behind these famous rocky pinnacles.
Visit Scenic World, where you can ride the world’s steepest railways or take the gondola for aerial views of the valley below (if option selected).
More Aboriginal legends await at the Waradah Aboriginal Centre, an acclaimed contemporary gallery. See traditional artworks, watch dance performances, enjoy an interactive didgeridoo experience, and learn about contemporary Aboriginal culture firsthand from the local Darug and Gundungurra people.
Leaving the cultural center, travel to the quaint mountain township of Leura, home to cafes, restaurants and the Candy Store with sweets from Australia and around the world. Enjoy lunch in Leura (own expense or included if you choose the lunch option) and browse the town's antique stores and boutiques.
In the afternoon, hand-feed kangaroos and wallabies and enjoy a close-up encounter with koalas at Featherdale Wildlife Park, one of Australia's largest private collections of native animals and birds. Don’t forget your camera to photograph the varied wildlife in a natural bush setting.
As you head back to Sydney, travel via Olympic Park to see the impressive stadiums built for the Sydney 2000 Olympics, and be returned to selected Sydney hotels in the late afternoon.
Click on "View Additional Info" for the hotel pickup list.
Special Offer! - Save 30% on the recommended retail price. Special offer valid for travel from March 4 to June 30, 2014. Book Now! - Book Now!
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tour departs from most Sydney hotels
Star City Casino
Return Details:Returns to original departure point at approximately 5:45pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Blue Mountains and Australian Wildlife tour with lunch. Includes Scenic World rides: Scenic Railway, Scenic Skyway, Scenic Cableway, Scenic Walkway
Blue Mountains and Australian Wildlife tour with lunch
Blue Mountains and Australian Wildlife tour
- Lunch (If option selected)
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Entrance fees to Featherdale Wildlife Park
- Rides at Scenic World (if option selected)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Itinerary:Scenic World Options:
- Scenic Skyway - Australia's only horizontal passenger-carrying cable car. It is a 7-minute ride 656 feet (200 meters) above the Jamison Valley where you can appreciate superb views of the Three Sisters, Katoomba Falls, Mt Solitary and Orphan Rock. The Skyway operates every 10 minutes.
- Scenic Railway - This is the world's steepest incline railway. Travel through the tunnel and ancient rainforest as the railway descends 1361 feet (415 meters) down the escarpment at a gradient of 52 degrees. The railway takes you to the rainforest boardwalk connecting to the Sceniscender platform and operates every 10 minutes.
- Scenic Cableway - The steepest aerial cable car in Australia will take you on a 1788 feet (545 meters) ride into the World Heritage Listed rainforest of the Jamison valley. The Scenic Cableway is completely wheelchair accessible.
Light cafe-style lunch - menu subject to change
- Spaghetti bolognese pasta
- Chicken and salad wrap sandwich
- Samosas served with Greek yogurt and salad
- Vegetable and goats cheese frittata served with salad
7.45am Aspire Hotel
7.20am Bayview Boulevard Hotel
7.15am Cambridge Inn
7.15am Crescent on Bayswater
6.35am Crowne Plaza Coogee (No Drop-off)
7.10am De'Vere Hotel
7.40am Four Points Sheraton
7.25am Four Seasons
7.10am Grace Hotel
7.35am Hilton Hotel (Pitt St entrance)
6.20am Holiday Inn Airport Hotel (At bus stop)
7.45am Holiday Inn Darling Harbour
7.00am Ibis King Street Wharf
7.15am Intercontinental ( Macquarie St entrance)
7.00am Langham Hotel
7.05am Menzies Hotel
7.35am Mecure Sydney (Hotel driveway entrance)
7.20am Metro Sydney Central (Pitt st)
7.50am Novotel Darling Harbour
7.40am Novotel Sydney Central
7.35am Old Sydney Holiday Inn
7.45am Parkroyal Darling Harbour
7.40am Park Hyatt
7.30am Park Regis
7.25am Pullman Hyde Park
7.20am Raddisson Blu
7.40am Rendezvous Studio Hotel (Quay St entrance)
7.25am Rydges World Square (Pitt st entrance)
7.20am Sebel Surry Hills
7.30am Shangri-la Hotel
7.35am Sheraton on the Park (Castlereagh st)
7.10am Sofitel Wentworth
7.50am Star City Coach Terminal
6.50am Swiss Grand Bondi
7.40am Swissotel (meet at porters deck)
7.25am Sydney Harbour YHA
7.15am Vibe Hotel Sydney
7.10am Westin Sydney (Pitt st entrance)
7.25am YHA Sydney Central
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.