See the very best of Rome on a full-day shore excursion! When your cruise ship docks in Civitavecchia Port, head into the city with your expert guide to see all the top Rome attractions and take lunch at a popular local restaurant. Enjoy skip-the-line entry to the Vatican Museums, St Peter's Basilica and the Rome Colosseum, and see Rome at its very best!
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Excellent value for money
- Get inside tips from a local
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
At the Civitavecchia cruise port, hop on board your air-conditioned coach and head into Rome for your full-day Rome sightseeing tour. First stop is Vatican City, and you'll be whisked past the bustling crowds and into the world-famous Vatican Museums with your skip-the-line admission ticket. Inside, tour one of the world's greatest private art collections with your guide.
The highlight of any Vatican Museums tour is undoubtedly the Sistine Chapel, home to Michelangelo's famous painting, The Last Judgment. Having explained the masterpieces before entering, your guide will let you explore independently so you can interpret these paintings yourself. Continue to St Peter's Basilica for a skip-the-line tour around this unforgettable site where St Peter the Apostle is said to be buried.
After stopping for roughly two hours to enjoy an authentic Italian lunch of antipasti, a main course and wine, you'll head onto the Colosseum. Every day but Wednesday (when it is closed to the public due to the Papal Audience) we’ll finish our Vatican tour in St. Peter’s Basilica (skipping the long lines here too) and St. Peter’s Square.
Enjoy privileged, skip-the-line entry and head inside to explore the fascinating ruin while your expert guide explains its bloody past. Hear how the Roman gladiators fought each other to their deaths, and see where crowds once gleefully cheered. Then head back to port!
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your excursion ends with ample time for you to return to Civitavecchia port for your ship’s departure. In the extremely unlikely event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Piazza Navona, Rome
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Port of Civitavecchia
In order to be eligible to take this tour your boat must arrive in Civitavecchia before 7am and must depart no earlier than 7pm. Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate customers who arrive any later and depart any earlier than this.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Return Details:This tour ends with drop-off at Forte Michelangelo (Civitavecchia Port)
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Civitavecchia Shore Excursion: Rome in One Day Sightseeing Tour
- Transport by air conditioned coach
- Skip-the-line entrance tickets to the Vatican Museums, St Peter's Basilica and the Colosseum
- Professional guide
- Lunch and one glass of wine
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Worry-Free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Pre-booking this tour enables you to skip the long lines (which can take up to two hours!) to enter the Vatican Museums. Please note, all visitors must pass through metal detectors at the security check point. Please expect to wait 20-30 minutes to clear security.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not stroller accessible
- No photography is permitted inside the Sistine Chapel
- Please ensure you inform us in advance of the tour of any special dietary requirements
- Please note that no large bags/tripods/non-collapsible umbrellas/backpacks are permitted in the Vatican and should be left on the bus. Only very small purses are allowed in the Vatican. Please do not attempt to bring these items inside the Vatican Museums with you as you will need to leave the tour early to retrieve them from lockers located by the entrance.
- Tours on Wednesdays may not include St Peter's Basilica and St Peter's square. This is due to the weekly Papal Audience, during which access to St Peter's square may be closed. As an alternative, you will be offered an extended visit within the Vatican Museums, which still includes the Sistine Chapel and Raphael's rooms
- On rare occasions, St Peter’s Basilica closes without notice. If this happens, you will spend a full 3 hours touring the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. We will list affected dates as they become available. When possible, your tour guide will notify you if St Peter's Basilica is unexpectedly closed at the start of the tour. It is beyond our control, so no refunds or discounts will be issued
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.