Cooktown 4WD Adventure Tour from Cairns or Port Douglas
- Instant Confirmation
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Stop for lunch at the famous Lion's Den Hotel, one of North Queensland's oldest bush pubs, established in 1875. Continue to Black Mountain, surrounded in mystery and ancient Aboriginal legend, before arriving at Cooktown. Enjoy spectacular panoramic views from Grassy Hill of the Coral Sea, Cooktown and the Endeavour River.
You'll have an hour of free time to stroll through Cooktown or visit the James Cook Museum. (Entry to the museum is not included.)
Departing Cooktown by the inland Mulligan Highway, you'll travel through a diverse landscape of cattle stations and the Palmer River goldfields region. After an evening meal break (additional expense payable direct) at the Mt Molloy Hotel, a typical North Queensland pub serving home-cooked meals, you'll return to Cairns at approximately 9:30pm.
There is also an option to fly back to Cairns along the scenic Daintree Coast and the Great Barrier Reef. The flight from Cooktown to Cairns is a commercial flight with Hinterland Aviation, departing Cooktown at 6.05pm and arriving Cairns at 6.50pm. If this option is selected, your arrangements will end at Cairns General Aviation Airport. Transfers from Cairns General Aviation Airport are NOT included and you'll need to make your own way back to your accommodation. Please note: The flight will be experienced at sunset during the winter months from May to August.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Northern Beaches 7:30am
Port Douglas 8:30am
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
If opted to fly from Cooktown to Cairns, you'll arrive into Cairns General Aviation Airport at approximately 6:55pm. Hotel drop off is not included with this flight option.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Cooktown Adventure Tour by 4WD vehicle in both directions. Includes pickup and drop off from Cairns, Northern Beaches and Port Douglas hotels and lunch.
USD $194.59Pricing details
Cooktown 4WD tour from Cairns and Northern Beaches hotels including lunch. Return to Cairns by scenic fixed-wing aircraft. Transfer from Cairns Domestic airport to hotels is NOT included.
USD $291.88Pricing details
Cooktown Full-Day 4WD Adventure Tour from Cairns or Port Douglas
- Travel by air-conditioned 4WD
- Local guide
- Morning tea
- Cable Ferry ride across Daintree River
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop off (If Drive/Drive option selected)
- Flight from Cooktown to Cairns General Aviation Airport (if Drive/Fly option is selected)
- Entry to James Cook Museum AUD$10 (Optional)
- Hotel drop off (if the drive/fly option is selected)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infants are not recommended
- Tour size - Maximum 17 people
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Subject to weather and road conditions, alternative routes may be taken.
- No refund will be given if the itinerary is altered due to weather conditions
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Seat in coach transfers from Cairns Airport to Port Douglas available and payable direct
Reviewed by: joy r, October 2014
the tour was fantastic and our tour guide daryl was very imformative and friendly,which made the tour even better. chris and joy fron melbourne
Reviewed by: Murray A, April 2014
Although unable to take the Bloomfield Track (due to FNQ's notorious summer weather) the tour was most enjoyable with one of the best and most informative driver/guides I have experienced. Time constraints prevented an overnight stay in Cooktown but with so much to see, I strongly recommend that future 'tourists'
avail themselves of this option.