Cross the Switzerland-France border on this day trip from Geneva to Chamonix, one of the most famous villages in the French Alps. You'll drive through the mountains, ride the cable car to Aiguille du Midi for breathtaking views of Mont Blanc and the surrounding Alps, and ride the charming red train to Montenvers.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Lunch included
Your day trip from Geneva begins with an unforgettable 90-minute drive across the Switzerland-France border and through the picturesque Arve Valley to Chamonix, situated at the foot of majestic Mont Blanc, the highest peak in both the Alps and Western Europe at 15,780 feet (4,800 meters).
You’ll continue to Aiguille du Midi, a rocky peak near Mont Blanc with year-round snow. On a two-stage cable car, you’ll reach the mountain’s summit in just 20 minutes. Then, prepare to be awed by the spectacular panoramic views of the Chamonix Valley and the French, Swiss and Italian Alps! On a clear day, you may even see Mattherhorn, the famous Swiss peak and icon of Switzerland – it’s even found on packages of delicious Toblerone chocolate.
There are many terraces and balconies at the Aiguille du Midi summit, where you can enjoy the alpine views and watch skiers zooming down toward the glacier. There's also a cafe, where you can have a hot chocolate or enjoy a light snack (own expense).
Head back down to Chamonix for lunch (included in the tour price). After lunch, board the charming red train cars of the scenic rack railway to Montenvers – a railway that has been moving passengers through the mountains since 1908. In Montenvers, you’ll enjoy fabulous views of the Mer de Glace. This magnificent glacier is 4 miles (7km) long and averages just under a mile wide. Surrounded by the impressive summits of Les Drus, Les Grandes Jorasses and Les Grands Charmoz, Montenvers is the perfect place to learn about the glacier and other features of the Alps.
Day Trip to Chamonix Red Train to Montenvers
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Gare Routiere Bus Station
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Cable car ride to summit of Aiguille du Midi
- Train ride to Montenvers
- Lunch (seven meal choices)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for child aged 2 and under
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please note that the official currency of France is the EURO. Swiss francs are unlikely to be accepted in Chamonix
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel, as you will be travelling from Geneva (Switzerland) to Chamonix (France)
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.