On this four-day private guided tour from Beijing, see wondrous ancient Chinese architecture in and around the towns of Pingyao and Datong. Learn about the historical and cultural elements of Pingyao’s important sites, including the Rishengchang Exchange House and the old city wall. Explore the Wang Family Courtyard, a mansion with lavish classic architecture, and discover the secrets of the Hanging Temple. You’ll also visit the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Yungang Grottoes. Throughout your tour, hear interesting facts and tidbits about China’s ancient heritage and the significance of these sites from your expert guide.
- Breakfast included
- Dinner included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Multi-Day Trip
- Lunch included
Special Offer! - Book now and travel before December 31, 2013 to save 30% on the recommended retail rate - Book Now!
View from Pingyao Bell Tower
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Departs from your Beijing hotel
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
3 nights in a private room with two twin beds in 4-star hotels; two people per room
3 nights in a private room with two twin beds in 4-star hotels; one person per room
- Admissions to all attractions listed in itinerary
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Accommodation at the Tuan Yuan Kui Inn (two nights) in Pingyao and Holiday Inn (one night) in Datong
- Meals as indicated in itinerary (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Beijing hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private vehicle to other locations and tour attractions
- One-way flight from Beijing to Tai Yuan
- 2nd-class ticket for the bullet train ride back to Beijing
- Gratuities (optional)
- China entry visa
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- Standard hotel rooms in China contain two single/twin beds; double-occupancy rooms contain two single/twin beds for a maximum of two adults; single-occupancy rooms contain two single/twin bed for a single person
- If you book Double Occupancy but need another bed for a child, call the local tour operator after booking to request this, and an additional bed will be put in your room (contact information will be provided on your confirmation voucher)
- If you have an odd number of adults in your party, a single-occupancy room must be booked in addition to your double-occupancy room(s)
- Seats on the bullet train back to Beijing are soft, adjustable, second-class seats; the air-conditioned bullet train has a restaurant car, bar and restrooms
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.