From striking black lava and verdant tropical rainforests to the stunning sight of volcanoes at night, experience the Big Island's most spectacular natural splendors on this small-group full-day tour to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. This amazing combination tour allows you to see different aspects of the volcanoes in one day. Your ranger-trained guide will provide educational and insightful narrative about the volcanoes. Plus, you’ll feast on a delicious sit-down dinner. Choose between a departure from Hilo or Kona.
- All entrance fees included
- Dinner included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- See the sights illuminated at night
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Hotels from Kona and Hilo
- 1pm from Kona
2pm from Hilo
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Return Details:Returns to original departure point at approximately 9pm-10pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tour departs from Kona
Tour departs from Hilo
- Small-group tour
- Entrance fees
- Full dinner
- Military-grade LED flashlights
- Walking sticks
- Camera tripod to share
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Sturdy walking shoes are recommended
- Red lava cannot be guaranteed on this tour. Walking distances and viewing opportunities will vary depending on volcanic activity, which changes constantly. Federal, state or county officials may close or open the lava viewing area at any time depending on conditions and hazards present. Every attempt is made to get as safely as possible to the lava viewing area and tours depart whether the area is currently open or closed as conditions do change constantly.
- The drive from Kona to Hilo is approximately 2.5 hours each way with stops along the way.
- Itinerary may be altered due to weather or volcanic activity.
Itinerary:Sample Dinner Menu (subject to change)
Choice of one main course:
Kung Pao chicken
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.