Explore Japan’s iconic Mt Fuji and the nearby Aokigahara Forest on a day trip from Tokyo. Discover the unique natural environment of this former active volcanic region, and see ice and wind caves that have been formed by lava. Take in the breathtaking views of the iconic Mt Fuji from an altitude of 7,610 feet (2,305 meters) and enjoy a traditional Japanese lunch at a local restaurant.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
On the morning of your tour, travel approximately two hours west of Tokyo to Honshu and Mt Fuji. The first stop is at the Fuji Visitor Center where you will learn the cultural and historical importance of Mt Fuji in Japanese society, and see displays of arts and crafts all dedicated to the mountain.
Then continue driving through stunning scenery en route to the fifth station where you will see magnificent views of Mt Fuji from different angles. On a clear day Mt Fuji’s perfect cone shape can be seen from as far away as Tokyo; however, this is usually in the colder months when peak visibility is in the early morning or late afternoon.
Enjoy a traditional Japanese lunch followed by a visit to the Aokigahara Forest, also known as the Sea of Trees. The forest lies at the base of Mt Fuji and is famous for its Ice and Wind Caves formed by flowing lava. Wander inside the impressive Narusawa Ice Cave, covered year-round by ice, and admire the beautiful ice formations.
Return to Tokyo where the tour concludes at Shinjuku, a vibrant shopping and entertainment precinct. Explore the area at your leisure before making your own way back to your hotel.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal or selected Tokyo hotels
- 9.00am from Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal
- 8:20am ANA Intercontinental Tokyo
- 7:55am Ariake Washington
- 7:40am Cerulean Tower Tokyu
- 8:10am Conrad Tokyo
- 8:15am Courtyard by Marriott Tokyo Ginza
- 8:25am Daiichi Hotel Tokyo
- 8:00am Four Seasons (Chinzan-so)
- 8:00am Ginza Capital (Annex)
- 8:25am Grand Hyatt Tokyo
- 8:10am Grand Pacific Le Daiba
- 7:50am Grand Palace
- 8:20am Grand Prince New Takanawa
- 7:55am Hilton Tokyo (Shinjuku)
- 7:50am Hyatt Regency
- 8:25am Imperial (Main Bldg)
- 8:30am Intercontinental Tokyo Bay
- 8:05am Keio Plaza Tokyo
- 7:50am Mandarin Oriental
- 7:40am Metropolitan Tokyo (Ikebukuro)
- 7:50am New Otani Tokyo(Main Bldg)
- 8:05am New Sanno
- 8:15am Nikko Tokyo
- 8:10am Okura(Main Bldg)
- 8:05am Palace Hotel
- 8:20am Park Hotel Tokyo
- 7:40am Park Hyatt Tokyo
- 8:15am Ritz Carlton Tokyo
- 7:50am Royal Park(near TCAT)
- 8:25am Royal Park Shiodome Tower
- 7:50am Sheraton Miyako Tokyo
- 8:30am Shiba Park
- 8:05am Shinagawa Prince (Main Tower)
- 7:45am Shinjuku Washington
- 8:00am Sunroute Ariake
- 7:30am Sunshine City Prince
- 8:20am Tokyo Dome
- 8:30am Tokyo Prince The Capitol Hotel Tokyu
- 8:20am The Prince Park Tower Tokyo
- 8:15am Tokyo Station (Marunouchi South Exit)
- 7:55am Westin Tokyo
- 8:05am Yaesu Fujiya
Hotel pickup at:
Return Details:Concludes at Shinjuku
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Coach from Tokyo to Mt Fuji
- Local bus from Fuji Highland Resort to Shinjuku
- Aokigahara Forest
- Entrance fees and local taxes
- Japanese lunch
- Local guide (guide service ends after cave exploring at Aokigahara Forest)
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- We recommend good walking shoes with a rubber sole for walking in the caves and a light jacket for warmth
- Not recommended for children aged 5 and under
- Please note: This tour will depart regardless of weather conditions. No refund will be given in the event that the weather limits the views of Mt Fuji
- In the rare instance, the cave visit is canceled, alternative touring arrangements will be offered. including returning to Tokyo by bullet train. The remaining tour balance will be refunded to you.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.