San Juan Snorkel and Picnic Cruise
The tour takes you on a relaxing sail by catamaran to the uninhabited island of Icacos. Spend the morning exploring the island, collecting shells or swimming offshore in the crystal-clear Caribbean Sea. If you're a novice, you can receive professional instruction in the art of snorkeling.
After you've worked up an appetite, enjoy a scrumptious picnic lunch freshly prepared onboard by the crew, accompanied by pina coladas and rum punch.
After lunch, you'll anchor over a breathtaking coral reef, home to colorful tropical fish and underwater wonders.
Then, after a full day at sea, it's time to hoist the sail for the return trip to San Juan, completing a truly different day in paradise!
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Old San Juan area: 7:45am
- Condado area: 8:00am
- Isla Verde area: 8:30am
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
San Juan Snorkel and Picnic Cruise
- Pina Colada and Rum Punch
- Snorkeling equipment
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop off (from selected hotels)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Natural resources reef and beach protection fee (USD $3 per person)
- Confirmation for this tour will be received at time of booking
- This cruise is child-friendly, however adult prices apply to all travelers
- Sailing time is between 20 to 45 minutes, depending how much wind there is on the day. The catamaran departs the dock around 10:00am and once anchored you will stay at the Island until approximately 1:00pm, and then move over to the second reef
- Sailing in the Caribbean is generally calm and the catamaran is 46 foot long and 24 foot wide and sails very smoothly, Maximum capacity is 44 passengers
- Lunch usually consists of ham, turkey, salami, cheese, salad, fruit, snacks and fresh local bread and you choose for your sandwich. You may bring your own food as well (have coolers to store)
- Pick up is not provided from San Juan Cruiseship (port/dock). The closest hotel is the Sheraton.
- Pickup is not provided from Wyndham El Conqistador Resort, Golden Door Spa Gran Melia, Sheraton Old San Juan Puerto Rico Hotel and Casino or Riomar resorts because the tour operates out of San Juan. The Catamaran is in Fajardo and so guests at the El Conquistador need to make own arrangements with their Concierge for transportation. The El Conquistador is located between San Juan and the El Yunque Rainforest and is approximately a 1 hour and 15 minute drive to the closest pick up location, the Ritz Carlton Hotel San Juan, where you can check in for the tour
- Tour buses are air-conditioned, but without bathrooms
- Tour buses are wheelchair accessible, but do not have a wheelchair lift. Persons in a wheelchair must be able to walk a little (with help from the driver) in order to get on and off the bus. The wheelchair must be foldable
- This tour requires a minimum number of 12 passengers to operate. There is a possibility that the tour may be canceled after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be provided the option to take the tour on an alternative date or be refunded in full.
Reviewed by: SaraG, United States of America, November 2014
A great way to spend the day and see the beauty of the East Coast of PR. Make sure you allow plenty of time to find the Marina if you're driving yourself (rather than doing hotel pick-up) as the directions are a bit challenging to follow.
Reviewed by: Astrid r, October 2014
The staff was amazing and overall it was the best day of our vacation. If you tend to get sea sick though, remember to bring some medicine! Great experience! ( don't forget the sunscreen)